bumper

6.9forddiesel

Goin' Green
Reaction score
okay well i am currently looking for a new front bumper and mounts for it since when i got stuck tonight they decided to hook it to the mounts for the bumper and ripped it and ****** everything up on the driverside so if anyone has me please let me know

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I didn't know you can say ****** on this forum.;Sweet

First place I would check is a wrecker locally since there are still plenty of these trucks running around. Other option might be to make one since its pretty easy on the brick nose trucks to make something up that looks right.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, yes you can use the f-word here, not that you should, but it ain't censored.

On the bumper - you can check junkyards and grab one from there, or you can make your own one from say railroad track or a big piece of C-channel, the bricknose is pretty much straight across the front, so about anything will work OK.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just don't get carried away with the use.
proper situation and context is OK.
saying just to say will get a censor stamp or if persistent in the use, you will get a vacation.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, I was just trying to be funny.

I have no plans to try and drop the F bomb again anytime soon.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Somebody else tried that and it ended up being absurdly heavy... but I suppose some may be after that. When you make stuff that beefy, you start to worry about the frame failing wherever you mount that chunk of metal... in a collision, not from normal use.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I have a bumper on my tractor made out of a chunk of railroad track. REAL handy for knocking over, well, ANYTHING :rotflmao Very handy for bush hogging.
I imagine you could tweek your frame rails pretty easily with something that stout bolted on there.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I don't know where you are located, but I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have an aftermarket sheet metal place here called Pro Body Parts....a chrome front bumper for a 1992-1996 style truck runs about $130.....I bought 2 brand new front fenders for my 1996 f150 for $180 there....and they arent "cheap" flimsy fenders....they were actually pretty thick and fit really well!

gandalf

Reaction score
When I was in Alaska I had a friend who made a bumper from the scraper blade on a road grader. He used the scraper portion, the bottom four inches which actually do the scraping. It wasn't too pretty, but it served the purpose.

I have the front bumper off my '92 which I'll sell for not too much. It's in good shape. I replaced it with a vented bumper from a later year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online