built 7.3, banks sidwinder, turn key motor

Runningaford

Reaction score
I don't think it's built, just resealed....... the turbo set up looks homemade, and figured you guys would find it interesting..... Would this even work very well?:confused::dunno

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/5462038083.html $2,300

"I have here a 94 Ford 7.3 idi with a Banks Sidewinder turbo kit, This is a factory turbo engine that has 28k miles on it. The engine was torn down to the block and inspected, all the gaskets and seals were then replaced and the engine was reassembled and painted, then a new injection pump and injectors along with hot start glow plugs and a smart controller supplied by industrial injection were installed. then to finish off the exhaust I installed a fresh rebuilt turbo along with ceramic sprayed manifolds, turbo hot side and down pipe. It is ready to install with new fuel and oil filters and fresh oil. Comes with 140 amp alternator and newer starter. Was bolted to a five speed and had a broken dual mass flywheel so does not have a flywheel. Comes with full exhaust front to rear for a standard cab long bed. Turn key engine. asking 2,300 have receipts for everything."

Runningaford

Reaction score
RayJay, interesting! It looks like there were/are members here that run them. I wonder how they ran, and if having the turbo on one half of the cylinders what sort, if any effects it would cause.

bobs_idi

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like a 6.2 "turbo kit" flipped over to driver side...and to top it off with a 6.9 vacuum pump. maybe late 6.9? i would be curious to see the controller too

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw someone looking at one of those on Facebook the other day. I guess a couple companies made similar setups. Even BAE Systems made one... not sure for what application. :dunno

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Many setups like that.
That's how all the 6.5 gm's were.
Works fine.

I did not know this. They only use one bank to spin the turbo? That creates a comparable amount of gases to spin a turbo and feed an engine? Using 4 cylinders to blow into 8 just doesn't work in my head cookoo Can anybody help me conceptualize this?

Runningaford

Reaction score
No. There's a crossover pipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ha!, okay, I thought it was just off of one side; though I seriously don't see a crossover pipe, or is that what the fourth pic is?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online