Budd Wheels ????????

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
You can make any axle a dually. I have dually 6k axles on my medium duty gooseneck. Axle is trussed so its rated at 8k more than likely.I even have duallies on my front axle YAY!!!!!

Attachments

• Dually.jpg
    Dually.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I went and got 1 axle. He said they were 9/16" lugs, they are not, there 1/2". Tried to put my rims on as duallies, wont work, the brake backing plate is to big. The offset on my F350 rims is too much for SWR. Only solution now is to make the trailer into a tandem, and get I guess what they call (directional rims ?). What the hell did I get myself into? One hell of a lot of work I suppose, and a lot of money.

Found out the trailer frame Mfg. only did 3500 of these trailers and only three in Alaska had to be changed, not Military at all, it was they are not DOT approved for the RV weight the frames were made for.

Attachments

• DVC01557.JPG
    DVC01557.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 7

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another point to consider is the big difference in frame width between a DRW trailer and a SRW trailer.

If you hang SRW axles under a DRW trailer, you are gonna have to build sub-frames out farther for the SRW spring-hangers to have something to attach to.

For the same reasons, it is impossible to install DRW wheels on a trailer built for SRWs.

The inside dual tire will be against the trailer frame inches before the wheel touches the hub.
:)

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option is to park it out in the front yard and pile yard-sale stuff on it.

It wouldn't matter about the axles/tires just sitting there making money.
LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828