Brrrrrrr, it's cold.

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the temperature tomorrow expected to be -10F, and -17F on Wednesday morning, I ran out and filled my rear tank with #1. Dosed the front one heavy with some anti gel too. Hopefully all is set for this ridiculous cold that's coming. I may need to bump my timer on longer, right now it's set to come on at 4am, and I leave at 730. Maybe 3 or 2 might be better for these temps. The battery maintainer is good to go also.

Stay warm everybody.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow thats cold. Just last week we had a freeze so finally we got some winter weather that killed off some of the summer garden plants. Now today it was warm around 75 to 80 degrees. Sure is mixed up weather here. My truck has sat for nearly 2 weeks but fired up on the second rev on the engine. Gottsa love a tight fuel system.:angel::D

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
You southerners always complaining about the weather LOL, I think -10 would be considered a warm spell up on the iron range. Which by the way is why I moved as soon as legally possible to the warmer climes of sw montana. You should be ok with gelling on pump #2 diesel until -20. I know that in ND,SD, WY, MT and MN all #2 diesel at the pump after Oct. is a winter blend of #1 and #2. I had no trouble with gelling at 25 below last week on straight pump diesel and all my cars and trucks are diesel. So stoke up the fire and relax, as long as your block heater is good it'll start.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was 38f when I started mine this morning. Took a few seconds as I must have a dead gp

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good to know about gelling temps. I tried looking it up specific for SD but couldn't find anything.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was -6 Fahrenheit at my place and I was sure my truck wasn't going to start. It surprised me for not being plugged in at all it started up. Had to cycle the glow plugs like crazy but it fired up.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
A couple of days ago the old man said it got up to -39C at farm. I'm not even going to try to start my diesel truck.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everybody bring the brass monkey inside tonight.... Going down to -10F tonight, UP to -2F tomorrow, down to -14F tomorrow night, here in WI.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ain't moving a bit farther north....Low single digits with a subzero wind chill is cold enough for this boy LOL

On a positive note, my truck is still starting great. Sat all weekend and yesterday afternoon at probably 25 deg or so it took off without being plugged in. I let the wait-to-start light go out and watched the voltmeter. As soon as it swung a bit farther over I hit the key and just like that we was rolling.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right around 0F and i just brought in some batteries from log truck and equip to keep them warm and on the trickle charger.while out there i started up chip truck.2 seconds after the light went out and she was fired up and purring like a kitten without a block heater.still never tested the block heater for anything.let her idle up to t-stat while pulling last couple bats.iv never owned anything that started so easy as this truck does.
edit.nope my bad its around 10f.......cold enough anyway though lol.

Last edited:

StBernardnot

Reaction score
I don't know about now, but a week or two ago, there was no #1 in the system. I'm in N. central Iowa. This was at the pipeline in Clear Lake. I doctored the heck out of mine. -12 tonite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online