"Brownie Box" Aux Trans Questions

Discussion in 'Drivetrain & Suspensions' started by TBigLug, Nov 15, 2013.

Which would you use?

1. 3 sp. "Brownie"

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 4 sp. "Brownie"

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. GV Unit

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. US Gears Unit

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Jake2670

Jake2670 Registered User

well, I got pics today, but can't fig how to post, I put em on my google+ page, n got vid to put on YouTube, Jake2670 on both

2. Jake2670

Jake2670 Registered User

Here is the info on the Box my friend has. I have pics n vid uploaded on DropBox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jlezogypx...ks old gmc so they can b seen there, hate can't post right to this site cause most prob won't go there n really like to find out what this is, guess I'll just put all the #s here that r on the case looking at case from inside to outside of box, writing running up n down 1st row - a circle n looks to b "CFD" 2nd row - "229or08545" then circle made of dots with teardrop in middle 3rd row - has a raised tab with 310 or 3-10 on it then what looks like a 53. I had said this was a 48, but he said its a 54, so I'm thinking this 3rd row may be the manufacturing date.

thanks for the help guys,

3. Tgould

Tgould Registered User

i see that this is an older thread but i have a 3 spd 5531 brownie that could use a rebuild, is there anyone near western Washington that is familiar with or can point me in the right direction?