Brick/OBS sill plate screws - anyone know the Ford part number??

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to do some touch up to the door sills on my truck and need to remove the plastic sill plates and weatherstripping. Of course, those little screws through the plastic sill plates are rusted pretty good and will probably need to be drilled out. Anybody happen to know the Ford part number for these screws? They originally came with a little sealer on the threads too. Yeah, I know, just about any screw will work as a substitute, but these are raised countersunk head self tapping screws and have a tapered washer under the head. The last time I bought them, I ordered them from LMC truck and although LMC said they were sill plate screws, the ones I got were shorter, smaller diameter and the heads rusted within about 1 week. So, if anybody knows the part number, I would really appreciate it if you could pass that along, or what are y'all using as substitutes for these stupid little screws? Thanks! Todd

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You can get those at the hardware store. In stainless also.
I would just dab a little rtv on them.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, 79Jasper. I have looked in my local hardware store but those screws didn't have the washer under the head. I have sealed the sill screws before with rtv and that works good. There is a Fastenal in town - maybe I will try there.