Brakes

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well I'm outta school in 1 week, and I will be working this summer. So that means I'll have more money to spend on my truck ;Sweet .

So I figure before I go out and get a turbo and all of that good stuff, I should fix what is wrong with my truck right know. My brakes are fine and dandy except that I get squeking from them when I go around a corner, or hit a bump. Its really ******* me off, and its only getting worse which isnt helping my anger out. But say I'm going around a corner and I'm getting the squeking, and I step on the brakes (very lightly) it goes away, but once I let off the brakes it goes back to that damn squeking :mad: . I asked before, and was told that this is a symptom of bad brake alignment pins, or whatever the calipers ride on, or something along those lines. Can somebody give me a link or tell me where I can find them? I cant live with the squeking any more.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Mine squeaked exactly like that as the pads wore down, so I changed them with some Motorcraft pads. Now no squeaks. When's the last time you checked the pads?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
The brakes feel fine to me, and i'm not getting the squeking when I apply the brakes, its just that when I go around a corner or hit a bump I do. But I havent checked the brake pads since I've had it, so they could be worn down.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Moose Truck did that, it was wheel bearings going out.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I second what Towcat and Mel said, mine did the same thing, I tighten them and after that it was all good. I guess some times when You repack the bearings You have to allow for some time and then re tighten.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I second what Towcat and Mel said, mine did the same thing, I tighten them and after that it was all good. I guess some times when You repack the bearings You have to allow for some time and then re tighten.

Okay, I'll start with the bearings. I might as well go and put new ones in while I'm at it. If that doesnt fix it, then brake pads, and then I'll move on to those brake bolt/pins.

Thanks for the help, I'll tell you guys what happened when I get it done (probably next weekend).