Brakes

quickstart

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what kinds people are running. I just can't seem to keep a set of rotors on mine for longer than a year. I don't haul very often and I'm sick of the pulsating of the pedal, the jumping of the truck, and the steering wheel that goes back and forth. I have PowerSlots on now and I'm not sure if they can be turned or not. Thanks for any replies.

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
well, i was gonna say that power slots are great, i have the cryo rotors. they look like brand new.

and hawk performance pads seem to be the best to use with them.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
WOWZERS cookoo ...them stooper doopys must be ******* rotors :confused:

I run about 700 mi a week and some of that is our welding trailer with sometime electric brakes :eek: :D and often haul a 18' flatbed when installing curved stairs....electric brakes work on that oneLOL ...not to mention my truck wieghs in at 7900 lbs and I have yet to install new rotors in the 5 odd years I have owned it....cut 'em once for S+G when I put new pads just after getting it.

Current odo reading is 266xxx :D

This past weekend I had them both off doing front u-joints and bering re-pack and installing new Warn premium manual hubs from the fact autos and there is mebee a big /32" lip :D

Hey Bama, hows the response with those cryo rotors and Hawk pads ?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Geo
I dont know what it is but some SD's just eat them, personally I had 50k on mine before they needed cut, and I blame it on goodyear for not tourquing the wheels correctly.
I work on lots of SD's and replace / cut lots of rotors.
IMHO alot of the trouble is caused by not tourquing correctly, or not cleaning the wheel hub before installing.
Nick

quickstart

Reaction score
My first set of rotors needed to be turned at 7K. At 15K I bought a set of stockers. They lasted till 24K. Thats when I put on the Powerslots just on the front and left the rears alone. I'm at 37k now and will need some all around. The caliper upgrade sounds good but the price just blew me away. How would the torque play into the rotors wearing?

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
PHP:
Hey Bama, hows the response with those cryo rotors and Hawk pads ?

hey geo, they work great together, especially when loaded.

the hawk super duty brakes are made for towing, stopping power is very good.

i put the them rotors on all 4 feet. i have already gone thru the hawk pads, decided to go with some NAPA sure stops this time, but will go back with the hawks the next time, but probably a diff. compound.

the NAPA's just havent lasted as long as i would have liked.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Beings that the riotors are held on by the wheel. and the lug nuts, uneven tourque on the lugs equals uneven tourque on the rotor. only takes .006 out to feel a pulsation.
Nick