brake upgrade

Exekiel69

Reaction score
you can replace the shoes on the back by pads. Also you can use an electric vacuum pump to assist the pulley you got on the front.

commonsthor

Reaction score
where do i get elec. vac.pump? does any one make rear disc kit ? i had a 67 fast back mustang that i put brembo 4 piston calipers on after that if u hit the brakes to hard u would go thru windshield. :thumbsup:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Look on the old posts for electric vacuum article and one member already posted a # to call and order the part. The caliper you can get it from a newer truck.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
If'n memory serves me best they do have a rear disc setup up that one of the guys over there@ tds is running. I think he goes by the handle of Jaybee.

Here is a photo of the rear disc application minus the second tire cause its on a dually. :eek:

Attachments

• 11706rearbrakes640-med.jpg
    11706rearbrakes640-med.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 32

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"jaybee" is running a factory E350 rear axle off a '99 e-series. Those haven't went to metric yet. Most of the after market disc kits won't let you use DRW due to rim interference. If you do go for a factory dics changeover, make sur eyou are buying one that has the e-brake on the axle not on the back of the trans like a F450. Do-able but pricey since you will need a 4X4 trans for the ebrake unit to bolt onto. the ebrake unit is pricey too. $900(street value) for a rebuilt. On the booster side, I pulled the hydroboost off a F450 chassis I have and mounted it onto my F350. literally a drop-in. Lotsa WHOA with the hydro but you still will have fade on the drums.

Attachments

• _DSC00029.z12102.jpg
    _DSC00029.z12102.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 14
  • _icp009.z19026.jpg
    _icp009.z19026.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 21

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
towcat said:
"jaybee" is running a factory E350 rear axle off a '99 e-series. Those haven't went to metric yet. Most of the after market disc kits won't let you use DRW due to rim interference. If you do go for a factory dics changeover, make sur eyou are buying one that has the e-brake on the axle not on the back of the trans like a F450. Do-able but pricey since you will need a 4X4 trans for the ebrake unit to bolt onto. the ebrake unit is pricey too. $900(street value) for a rebuilt. On the booster side, I pulled the hydroboost off a F450 chassis I have and mounted it onto my F350. literally a drop-in. Lotsa WHOA with the hydro but you still will have fade on the drums.

Hey Towcat,
Do you have any more information on that E-brake (the one that goes on the axle)? Will it bolt up to my truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online