Brake Tune Up Question

7.3shrk

I was going to tune up my brakes and had a few questions. I am going to put on rear discs evenyually, but until then, I was going to replace the M/C with a larger one and don the hydroboost (as money allows for both). I was curious about wheel cylinders. I saw duallies use a farger bore wheel cylinder than single wheels, and was wondering if I used those, if they would help my stopping. I was wanting to see if anyone else has done this and how it worked.

Thank you,

Nick

sootman73

Reaction score
i can't remember real well but i think they can bolt up just fine. i bought new wheel cylinders for mine and i think i bought the larger ones cuz i wasn't sure. i'd have to double check this with the guys that helped me too. i would think that they would be stronger because of the larger size and according to hydraulics laws. if you do buy new wheel cylinders make sure to buy new fittings at the same time because they are a different size. took us forever to figure it out!

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not exactly sure but I think that the fitting from the line is larger on the bigger wheel cylinders.