Brake pads??

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Ok it's time for the brake pads, so what's the best ones for these beasts??

And can someone explain to me the difference in Metallic and Semi Metallic as far as why wich one is better or worse??

TIA

John

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Thanks Keith ;Sweet

Robert, I live in Atlanta...I spend more time on the brakes than on the go pedal -cuss

Towboss

Fomerly Powerboatr
Reaction score
jharvey said:
Thanks Keith ;Sweet

Robert, I live in Atlanta...I spend more time on the brakes than on the go pedal -cuss

i thought in atalnta it was required by dealers to remove all brake pedals, you guys just swerve and bounce off the median guard rails :rotflmao :eek: or run into ME

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Towboss said:
i thought in atalnta it was required by dealers to remove all brake pedals, you guys just swerve and bounce off the median guard rails :rotflmao :eek: or run into ME

I paid extra for the pedals, thought they'd make a good foot rest :rotflmao

Keith never heard of carbon kevlar pads may have to try those out.

Towboss

Fomerly Powerboatr
Reaction score
jharvey said:
I paid extra for the pedals, thought they'd make a good foot rest :rotflmao

Keith never heard of carbon kevlar pads may have to try those out.

oh you mean like the new dodge chassis cab
New brake components and standard four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking system (ABS) ensure superior safety and crash-avoidance capability. Components include chassis brake lines (brake and fuel bundle), rear brake lines, rear park brake cables and extensions, and brake friction material for improved wear
sure beats dragging your foot like fred and barney LOL LOL

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Keith.

What kind of mileage wear have you gotten with them?? I don't want to do this every 6 months with the amount of miles I drive.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 15,000 miles on the pads and they look like new. I had to do a panic stop from 70 and I'll tell you these things haul this monster to 0 in a hurry. Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you just bought that truck :confused: I went 50k on the 03' Dodge before needing pads.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
*** said:
I thought you just bought that truck :confused: I went 50k on the 03' Dodge before needing pads.

Bought it last Sept. But driving in Atlanta's stop and go traffic takes it's toll on brakes, and having my heavy foot doesn't help either LOL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man time flies.. i think its speeding up.. get some new pads before you need to replace those rotors. that's my tech tip for the week.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
*** said:
man time flies.. i think its speeding up.. get some new pads before you need to replace those rotors. that's my tech tip for the week.

Tell me about it, having too much fun driving around :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7