1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body mount bushing improvements?

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by larson, Jan 9, 2019.

1. larson

larson Full Access Member

For they guys that have replaced there body mounts was there any noticeable difference afterwards?
    I just recieved mine today but i leave for west texas tomorrow for 20 days so it will be 3 weeks until i replace them but i will. I just wanted to ask.

2. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

The only difference mine made is my body lined up with the bed again lol. I think it stiffened it up a little bit but nothing major. I also used urethane bushings for what it's worth.

larson likes this.
  3. larson

Stiffened it up? Lol thats the last thing i want. When i replaced the factory coil springs the stiffness increases drastically so much so that my wife called it out when riding with me. I kicked her out at the next stop light.

Frstdiesel likes this.
  4. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

It didn't stiffen it in a bad way in my opinion. It wasn't like it made it ride harsher, just... Stiffened it up lol. It doesn't feel like it twists as bad going over rough ground (my yard). More of letting the suspension do it's job and less of everything else moving around.

5. larson

Cool thats what i need. My cab body pops a lot when it gets in a slight bind going up and over slight bumps in my driveway especially if I've turned the wheel a little during the process. It seems to have gotten way worse since i have replaced all of my sway arm bushings and new front springs. All of that stuff is a lot tighter now and its exposing the next weak link (cab bushings) and mine are all blown out visually.
    Thanks for replying.

6. hesutton

hesutton The Anti-Anderson Supporting Member

I used Energy Suspension's bushings on my '86 crew cab. Pulling the old mount apart was really fun.:frustrate

But it made the cab and bed alignment normal again. There is less wobble over rough stuff, but the ride was not harsh.

Heath

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 3:52 PM
  7. hesutton

hesutton The Anti-Anderson Supporting Member

david85 likes this.