Blue smoke and oil smell on start-up

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
holtzer1 said:
oooh, i just thought of something...i have replaced quite a few turbos on the new trucks....check your turbo whel for any excessive play. you could have a bad seal in the turbo, that only leaks over night...dripping just enough oil into the turbo to cause it to smoke. thats one scenario thats very possible.

That's the new front runner for the problem. Keeping in mind my expertise is limited, that makes the most sense. I've been driving it every day, and if it does anything it just lets a quick puff go and clears up. I'd think that if it was an injector problem, it wouldn't smoke only at startup. But there's a lot I don't know, too.

The truck has 46,000km. There's still plenty of warranty left, but I'm not sure if I can completely hide the juice, and I don't know how hard the dealer will look. If everything goes according to plan, I'll make boatloads of money this winter and I'll have it built for the racing season next year. And my winter mileage will be fairly limited (maybe 10,000km), so if it can hang on until then I'm gold.

stacerbob

Borderline Genius
Reaction score
Could it be the low boost fooling set on 5? I'd at least try to turn that down & see what it did, wouldn't cost anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7