Blue Grass Fuel System

earth helper

Reaction score
i know were to buy the polymer

I have been tossing around the idea of running WMO for a while because I have access to an unlimited supply. I have read countless threads and posts on it and was still on the fence. Being that this system removes pretty much everything it sounds pretty safe and I probably wouldn't run over a 50/50 mix anyway. Right now the truck stays in the garage most of the week cause I can't afford a $200 a week fuel bill. They say the small system pays for itself in 3 1/2 months and I did the math on my truck and that's about right but before I dropped $900 I wanted to see if anyone had used it cause I know I can make my own setup for a lot less minus the acid polymer stuff.

lisa@ megabearregeneratedfuelllc.com this hot little gal has them for sale!

earth helper

Reaction score
Yeah that's bs and everyone knows it. You could consider it green in a way though, at least you're recycling a waste product and not having to buy fuel at the pump, but bio, it most certainly isn't. Is the acid thing BS/marketing? I have no idea. I have some ideas about how to figure out if acid is even a problem with WMO like it is with veggie. Here's how I'd g about it....this may or may not work since for it to work you'd need a solvent that would dissolve petroleum products. I don't know if Isopropanol can do it but it it can you could take 10Ml of the highest purity Isopropanol you can get at the drug store or the red HEET gas line antifreeze, 1 Ml of warm waste motor oil and dissolve 1 gram of lye(drain cleaner/pure NaOH) into 1L of clean water, bottle or filtered tap would work. Then you need a pH indicator. Tumeric is in most spice abinets, it's cheap and safe and as accurate as phenolpthalein in most cases. Now scoop in as much tumeric as you can fit on a toothpick tip, maybe twice and drop in your base solution, add it drop by drop from an eyedropper(graduated to ML) and wait till the solution turns purple. Now here's where we find out if this time honored lab titration test works with petro based oils.... drop 1 Ml of your room temp or warmer waste motor oil into your test dish. Stir it till it's dissolved. If the oil dissoves this test should work. If it doesn't it won't, let's assume it did work. If there is acid present the indicator solution will turn yellow and you add the NaOH solution until it turns red, that's when you are neutral, most biodieselers push it to a deeper red or purple, or at least what they got on their blank titration. I hve a feeling that IF this test works, you may find it will not turn yellow but a draker shade of pink or purple....the color tumeric indicates in the presence of basic conditions! Now if you are using veggie oils I can tell you with authority the test works, and you will find some acid there, typically 2-8 ml/L of KOH. A rule of thumb is that waste grease has acid as FFA approximately equal to the KOH ttration value/2 expressed as % FFA by weight. I don't again know if this easy test could work with motor oils being as they are petroleum and not fatty acid oils. If it did and you came up with say 2-3 Ml/L NaOH I couldn't interpret that for you other than to say the test just picks up acid, it doesn't care what form or how it got there, but that is not much acid. If it was more like 8-10 NaOH I'd be afraid to put it in my tank!

this test will not work just because the oil is black how well it turn pink or yellow the color spack dont work like that.veg oil is some what clear

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on what other guys have said about wvo & wmo mixing that is bad news. Take a look at wmoguy's post about costs and so on, its in the bio fuel section.
If these guys can process that much oil in that amount of time, they have some pretty big stuff. My water filter, 10 and 1 micron filters do pretty good, then when the weather warms up the centrifuge does pretty good.

earth helper

Reaction score
hay brad is it i am new here not trying to step on u toess. i was thinking maybe u can ask to show u how to talk to people. i just wanted to put it out there for nice people to use or not!

farmall4u

Reaction score
bluegrass fuel system

i have been using there t1000 system for over a year and i am very satisfied with it have recouped its cost in the first six months. i started using it on my 1996 12 valve cummins and about three months ago upgraded to a 2000 24 valve and really was kinda scared( like when a laid out the cash to buy it lol) but i started out at 15.9 mpg and 10% used oil 90% diesel and after one complete tank was up to 16.7 mpg it is winter now and i am running 40% used oil and 60% diesel and the mpgs are even better averaging19.9 on my last tank. but with 269,000 miles and 4x4 i am very happy with my results in the mpg department and it quieted the motor down lots no more injector pump noise . it only makes sense that oil is a lubercant (spelling) it takes the place of all the sulfer and lubercants that the goverment has removed in the clean air effort.i have put 12 tanks of fuel through the 24 valve to date with nothing but better fuel mileage and more power to report. hope this helps you decide ya it was scary but i am glad i grabbed my kahonnas and did it

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i have been using there t1000 system for over a year and i am very satisfied with it have recouped its cost in the first six months. i started using it on my 1996 12 valve cummins and about three months ago upgraded to a 2000 24 valve and really was kinda scared( like when a laid out the cash to buy it lol) but i started out at 15.9 mpg and 10% used oil 90% diesel and after one complete tank was up to 16.7 mpg it is winter now and i am running 40% used oil and 60% diesel and the mpgs are even better averaging19.9 on my last tank. but with 269,000 miles and 4x4 i am very happy with my results in the mpg department and it quieted the motor down lots no more injector pump noise . it only makes sense that oil is a lubercant (spelling) it takes the place of all the sulfer and lubercants that the goverment has removed in the clean air effort.i have put 12 tanks of fuel through the 24 valve to date with nothing but better fuel mileage and more power to report. hope this helps you decide ya it was scary but i am glad i grabbed my kahonnas and did it

Ok. Mr. Earth Helper.

blue67chero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the TF3000 system and ran about 4K gallons in my 91 F-350 7.3 IDI with ATS turbo. The only time I ever had any issues was when I had dirty oil, such as too much water in it and once someone had dumped kitty litter in the waste drum. I filtered it several times and still had issues, It would clog filters when it was colder out too. I ran 600 gallons of WVO and the rest was WMO/hydraulic/trans anything I could get my hands on. The real key was filtering before I stored it, filtering while I poured it into the mixing tank and mixing it for about 5 Min into it's own tank before pumping into the truck. Normally if I ran a 60/40 diesel/oil mix so It wouldn't clog my fuel filters but I always kept spares. Running a 70/30 oil/diesel mix it clogged my filters every 4-600 miles. I think if I ran a heated tank it probably would have had less issues because the viscosity of the oil would have allowed it to flow through the filter easier. I had 2 filters on the frame rail and 1 before the injection pump. I never had any issues with my injectors or pump and ran this set up for 4 years before selling the truck. I always kept a clean tank of diesel in my rear tank and switched to it after warming the motor up and before shutting the motor down. The polymer beads do swell up so I don't know if it is pulling the moisture out of the fuel and swelling or just swelling because it's subject to liquid....??