Blown Transmission in an E-250

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
I've about had it with my 2003 E-250 van. It has 26,000 miles and has the fuel efficient V-6 that gets 10 miles to the gallon.
...and now, it has no reverse :puke:

I'm the only driver of this van and it's never had abuse. I was backing up in the driveway and felt a slip than a bang. I thought it was a patch of slippery grass but nope, it launched when I pulled forward.

Time for that new American Sprinter I've had my eye on now for months.

Sorry, I just had to vent.

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
Yes, it's under warranty. Local Ford Dealer in town here is the pits and they have to work on it says Ford.

It was kind of a good thing it blew up ;) it pushed my wife over to the "Maybe you were right about getting that American Spinter" side with me ;)
Now I'll just have to buy one and start a new Forum here on Sprinters :)

epin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those sprinters seem to be selling well. I'm pretty sure I've seen some UPS Sprinters running around. Have you driven one yet?

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
I drove one of the sprinters a couple of months ago and it was pretty nice. Seemed to have real good power and the turning radius was great. We were thinking of buying one for a customer shuttle. You can fit lots of customers in it, and it's so square a boxie looking that it would make a good rolling billboard.

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
I test drove one last summer. It had pick up but, it was empty.
I can see that 5 cylinder ******* out with any weight in it.
I stopped by the Frieghtliner dealer today and they have a SWB low roof in stock, for $29,500.00 for a 2004! I thought that was high for a 2004.
I'm considering it since the POS Veldi Ford told me they wouldn't even look at my van till at least tomorrow afternoon with a possible fix sometime late next week. No loaner car either, just TFS dude.

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
Originally posted by Super_Duty_John
I test drove one last summer. It had pick up but, it was empty.
I can see that 5 cylinder ******* out with any weight in it.
I stopped by the Frieghtliner dealer today and they have a SWB low roof in stock, for $29,500.00 for a 2004! I thought that was high for a 2004.
I'm considering it since the POS Veldi Ford told me they wouldn't even look at my van till at least tomorrow afternoon with a possible fix sometime late next week. No loaner car either, just TFS dude.

If I am not mistaken the dealer here came down to 25,500 for the 2004 we drove. It was one that had the LWB and held 11 people I think.

It would be interesting to see what one of those 5 cylinders would do when the vehicle was fully loaded or pulling something.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not get a van with the PSD in it?

2500cummins

Reaction score
The local UPS driver told me the Sprinter's power and mileage were fine but he felt they were very unstable in the wind, he said Fed Ex and UPS had both rolled several in this area.

Super_Duty_John

Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Why not get a van with the PSD in it?

They leak oil ;) JK ;)

The Sprinter I drove was a cargo van and had no seats, stripped.
The one with the seats is more and they were firm with the shortage of Sprinters.
I wouldn't pay 29,000 for a 2004, we'll see if they deal...

Update on my 2003 E-250, they are putting a rebuilt trans in tomorrow, bad planetary gear.
Rebuilt... :puke:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online