Big ED Needs some exhaust work..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I pulled Big ED in the shop today to get some items taken care of and decided to look underneath, Got out the creeper with a flashlight and saw what I had suspected would happen eventually.

My Intermediate pipe that comes off the Downpipe and connects to the 4" Straightpipe has been weak, and now has completely broken off. I am basically running straightpipe to the Transmission area and that is about it.

Now I need to decide what to do, a new DP from Banks is $170.00 and intermediate pipe is $90.00

I will take a look tomorrow and see how the DP is but I know that the IM Pipe is real weak. I may have to cobble something together for a while then do a exhaust makeover at a later date.

Or just run it dumped out the side under the passenger door, Lori would love that!

Later,
Darrin

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Darrin speaking from experiance. Bite the bullit and buy the Banks down pipe. You'll be happier in the long run. "Been there, done that"

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well I got it fixed today, I am not quite ready to replace the DP and the Intermidate pipe yet. I have had an exhaust brake that I want to install when I redo the exhaust system.

So for now I cut the downpipe as far up as I could easily reach and found that there was some good metal up there. I got a 3" to 4" reducer, Installed it with 4' of 4" Stailness Steel Flexable pipe from my locak Kenworth dealer. THen mated it past all of the junk splices in the exhaust and mated it to the good 4" straight pipe with Stainless Steel Band Clamps. (those things work awesome)

Allthough not a real cheap fix, Cost about $125.00 for everything, I think it is good for a couple of years and I can start looking for the rest of the parts that I will need for the new exhaust system someday. ;Sweet

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• SV500049.JPG
    SV500049.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 19
  • SV500050.JPG
    SV500050.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 23
  • SV500052.JPG
    SV500052.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 17
  • SV500053.JPG
    SV500053.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 23

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Allthough not a real cheap fix, Cost about $125.00 for everything, I think it is good for a couple of years and I can start looking for the rest of the parts that I will need for the new exhaust system someday. ;Sweet

Here are some pics.

Darrin,
I think a soup can coulda fixed that one.... LOL

Naw looks great. ;Sweet
Prolly why she sounded so throaty last week excavating the road. :Sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin