Better looking wheels??

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking around and no one has good looking wheels on a F350 that I have seen. Does anyone know of a nice looking set of dually wheels for us 80-86 or even 80-97 DRW guys?? I really love the 5 spoke design on the 05-ish F350's but I am told they are no the correct size. Currently I have steelies with some super ugly simulators on it... Any pics or ideas?? Prefer something 16" and cheaper the better, not looking for some Donk $10k wheels, just some nicer rolling stock. Thanks

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Alcoa does make the 01-05 alloy wheel in the earlier bolt pattern, you just have to buy it from them directly for that application.

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. I like those Apex, I just need to find someone that sells them and how much they are. I already need tires on my steelies, so why not change up wheels at the same time.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep your eyes out for a cheap dually that has those rims. There are a couple around me that have them, and the entire trucks going for 700. It would be cheaper to buy a truck and part it out to make your money back. But it all really depends on how much time you like to invest in things.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Keep your eyes out for a cheap dually that has those rims. There are a couple around me that have them, and the entire trucks going for 700. It would be cheaper to buy a truck and part it out to make your money back. But it all really depends on how much time you like to invest in things.

i looked into that i ven looked into 19.5's off a newer wrecker but the bolt pattern changed around that same time the super duty body style change our bolt pattern is slightly smaller .. but i may still try chevy 19.5's and milling the hubs bigger to fit that is if i can find them real cheap

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that there are some adapters on ebay that will allow us to run superduty rims on out trucks.

I still need to look into them, but the few people that I know that have them have had positive results so far.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking around and no one has good looking wheels on a F350 that I have seen. Does anyone know of a nice looking set of dually wheels for us 80-86 or even 80-97 DRW guys?? I really love the 5 spoke design on the 05-ish F350's but I am told they are no the correct size. Currently I have steelies with some super ugly simulators on it... Any pics or ideas?? Prefer something 16" and cheaper the better, not looking for some Donk $10k wheels, just some nicer rolling stock. Thanks

eagle alloys has some good stuff i have them on my truck and they have the 5 spoked option as well;Sweet

here is the 5 spoke along with another option

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AEW-0349-7688/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AEW-1299-7695/

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I had the American Eagle wheels on my old dually. The are the thing as the factory ford wheels but without the clear coat;Sweet. That way if they get dull you can polish them right up. The ford ones the clear coat always peals and looks like CHIT. My wheels looked like the day i put them on 3 years later and only got polished once a year, and got driven in all kinds of crappy weather

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy at work has a mid 90s dually with stock wheels that look just like the Eagles posted above. They are out there, you just have to find them.
Travis..

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally like the bullet wheels that came on the latest IDI and earliest PSD heavy duty trucks. They may have been a factory option and not bone stock but most trucks I see of that vintage have them. Mine has ugly white painted steel rims right now. They look ok but probably detract from the truck.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar to those first ones. Now I need to see an F-series heavy duty of that vintage and snap a pic and show you exactly. The 5 star aren't bad either just about anything looks better than the painted steel ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin