bearing numbers please for 10.25 Sterling center housing

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give me the bearing numbers for the bearings that carry the differential/ ring gear assembly in my Sterling 10.25 axle?

Not the Ford number, but a basic bearing number for a Timken, etc., part number.

I am changing out the differential from an open diff to a TrueTrac and want to go ahead and fit new tapered bearings on the new TrueTrac before I install it.

I am sure that I can get Timken bearings from my favorite supplier-
baumbydraulics.com

for a lot less than the Ferd dealer will charge me

Same question about the axle seals-- does anyone have a general non-FoMoCo part number please?

Thanks

1Turbo10

Reaction score
Just did mind (gear change) last week, re used the carrior though bearings were fine. Timkens are very common you should have no problem finding them.

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did mind (gear change) last week, re used the carrior though bearings were fine. Timkens are very common you should have no problem finding them.

Thanks, yeah, I am sure that the original bearings will be fine-- I just am going to be doing this in a friend's shop on limited time, so if I can get the roller bearings installed on the body of the TrueTrac ahead of time, it'll make the job go faster at his place-

So- anyone, bearing numbers please?

thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online