Be Glad to Drive an "Obsolete" Vehicle

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I'll stick with my older stuff as long as I can. I figure sometime in the future any vehicle they can't monitor and control remotely will not be allowed on the road. :puke:

then there will be a group of us outlaw "Mad Maxers" out there because i'll be cold and dead long before ANYONE touches MY TRUCKS! :backoff:backoff
and i think they don't want anyone being able to fix their OWN cars so you have to pony up the green at the garages... :puke: -cuss

as it is my newest vehicle is my 1980 scout with the 6.9, my daily driver is a '71 IH travelette, winter DD is a '77 Scout II, and my summer cruiser is a '74 Scout II, also my RV is a '73 International. ;Sweet i don't plan on changing my lineup for anything, or anyone.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Guberment doesn't need to monitor your car (although they can and do) as long as your cell phone is in your pocket and on, they have no problem knowing where you are.

I stumbled upon some interestingly scary technology to do such monitoring when recently speaking to a colleague of mine. Naturally the technology was developed for..........you guessed it :) US Guberment. :rotflmao

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guberment doesn't need to monitor your car (although they can and do) as long as your cell phone is in your pocket and on, they have no problem knowing where you are.

I stumbled upon some interestingly scary technology to do such monitoring when recently speaking to a colleague of mine. Naturally the technology was developed for..........you guessed it :) US Guberment. :rotflmao
earlier this year the cops were tracking a wanted shooter via his cell phone. As the shooter was scaling the fence from USA to MX, they pulled him off the fence and into custody.;Sweet

wmoguy

Reaction score
earlier this year the cops were tracking a wanted shooter via his cell phone. As the shooter was scaling the fence from USA to MX, they pulled him off the fence and into custody.;Sweet

Very nice!

Yea expect a whole lot more monitoring taking place as the proliferation of "smart phones" continues. Guberment and companies with HUGE ad budgets have been using some technologies for years now to track consumers, etc... such tracking opportunities are just becoming easier and easier to implement even down to the local level businessman at very modest prices.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I like the ole IDI, but for simplicity sake the 76 F100 wins out. I can rebuild a carb on the side of the road.... I don't think I could do that with an Injection pump :)

once again I'll say it. Why the heck do they make new cars so overly complicated?

so you cant fix them,,and have to return them to the dealer,,they have been trying to lock up the market for years.........

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
lucky me with the wife's 05 VW passat, I *can* fix it, it just cost me a ton in tools :)

Yeah, few years back it took me almost a full day to replace a powersteering return line on my moms trailblazer... on one bolt I had to use a socked in vise grips to turn it...:dunno:rolleyes::Whatever:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online