Be Glad to Drive an "Obsolete" Vehicle

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
atleast once a week i have a customer ask me why i drive such an "OLD" vehicle. truth of the matter is at the end of the day when i am done chasing electrical problems in modern vehicles, the last thing i want to do is chase one in mine. Have a canbus issue in a 2009 Honda civic in the shop right now. Vehicle was in a front end hit, honda deemed the problem a consequence of the accident and therefore not under warrenty so the insurance company is having me diag and fix the car. my head is still spinning from that pos.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
atleast once a week i have a customer ask me why i drive such an "OLD" vehicle. truth of the matter is at the end of the day when i am done chasing electrical problems in modern vehicles, the last thing i want to do is chase one in mine. Have a canbus issue in a 2009 Honda civic in the shop right now. Vehicle was in a front end hit, honda deemed the problem a consequence of the accident and therefore not under warrenty so the insurance company is having me diag and fix the car. my head is still spinning from that pos.

be careful around the airbags if they didnt go off. i had one deploy when i was extricating a patient on a rescue call. i dont care how tough you are, that HURTS

me and car computers dont get along very well. they never like what i do. as for the rest of this stuff, it was only a matter of time

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I'll stick with my older stuff as long as I can. I figure sometime in the future any vehicle they can't monitor and control remotely will not be allowed on the road. :puke:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'll stick with my older stuff as long as I can. I figure sometime in the future any vehicle they can't monitor and control remotely will not be allowed on the road. :puke:

Thats the route Kommifornia is going it seems. CARB spreads like wildfire to the surrounding states as well.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They monitor and control cars now. At least on the show "Bait Car".

P.S. You need to do something about your avatar. It is to distracting to be able to read your comments. :rotflmao

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
They monitor and control cars now. At least on the show "Bait Car".

P.S. You need to do something about your avatar. It is to distracting to be able to read your comments. :rotflmao

Towcat is a bad influence, eh? She is an attention getter though ain't she?
Too bad I just scavenged the pic off the net and don't really know her!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thats the first thing i thought off when they showed commercials of people starting their cars with their phones or onstar unlocking a car. if a company can do it so can a hacker, and as technology progresses if you do not keep on top of it with upgrades older vehicles will become more prone ease of hacking.

you can have security or freedom but you cant have both.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I like the ole IDI, but for simplicity sake the 76 F100 wins out. I can rebuild a carb on the side of the road.... I don't think I could do that with an Injection pump :)

once again I'll say it. Why the heck do they make new cars so overly complicated?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle