BB injectors run N/A?

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. This week I plan on getting the 7.3 in the 89F350 dump into faithful "turn key" operation for the year. The entire fuel system is original. 130,000 roughly. I'm going to start with the injection pump, and replace it with the fresh pump that came on the 83 6.9. Since the injectors are also original I would like to install the newer injectors that came in the 6.9 however they are BB's. I'm going to tolerate N/A until I get a ground up rebuild nasty 6.9.

Will this affect performance run on a N/A engine?

I know I also have to turn down the injection pump as well since there is no boost to burn the extra fuel properly. Will the BB injectors not pop if the pump is turned down?

The reason for this is a horrible heat soaked no start problem, and very low power.

Thank you. OI82

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both pumps are close to the same , bb's are fine , stock fuel settings will be fine.
More info will get ya a solid answer.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
BB code injectors will run fine in a turbo or non turbo application. If the 6.9 pump is turned up for a turbo application and now it will we running non turbo you may have to turn it down 1 or 2 flats. Please try running it before you make a decision to turn it down.

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. I may attempt to put the turbo on it later, but after all the ether blasts I don't know how much I want to stress gaskets...