Barn Find

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't go to the dark side. I found a 1992 F-250 4wd XLT(carpet delete) locally. Truck has only 169000 miles and only 5000 on a new engine and trans. The PO realized he was overloading the truck and went to a small road tractor. The truck had "dropped a valve" and that's the reason for a rebuild. Everything works except for the air(needs charging). The only dent is shown in the photos. Could use a paint job but I'm happy. Seem to be a little peppier than my old 6.9 4 spd. Eason
You must be registered for see images attach

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a brute hitch in a long time. It has been modded for a receiver hitch but still a heavy duty unit. You can unlock it to extend it out and move it side to side to hook up easier. The springs are to absorb shocks from moving heavy farm equipment.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here it is after a quick wash and wax

It looks a lot better! Eason

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1992 F-250

I gave the guy $2500. I was on my way to Pa to buy a powerstroke on craigslist. I'd been after this truck for about 2 years. I stopped and told him I was going to Pa to buy a truck and was going to give him 1 more shot. He said bring me $2500 and it's your's. Needless to say I cancelled my roadtrip. Eason

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck in Pa was a 97 ext cab xlt 4wd. The guy wouldn't send a lot of pictures so I was a little uneasy about it. I figure I "saved" about $5000 and the cost of the trip but I know the history of this truck personally and not a carfax. The ext cab's extra room would have been nice though. This truck will be mainly used to tow my antique tractors around. Eason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online

Members online