Bar B Que @ Towcats 03-04-12

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tim...:cry: No pics are showing up. Message tells me site unavailable. Try later.:angel: Well it was a great time and the food was king. I ate constantly thru the event. Packed away 4 sausages and felt I couls do many more but tempting as they were I backed off..:eek: Overall the food stuffs were better than heaven. Fair corwd showed up too. This was an event to remember. Funny thing is I have been to 4 events and I realized they just continue to get better and it seems they do this with little fanfare too. I fully understand what it takes to do one of these but they turn out looking easy on everyone. Phill, my son in law was really enjoying the grillmaster part of the gtg. Hes in his own world when he is grilling. Kinda prowd as a puppy with two peters...:eek::D
I got home around 12:40am. Trip south was easy. Nothing really going on but talking and driving. My one and only fuel stop was at the 152 and 5 interchage kinda. Took 28 gallons at 130.02...:eek::mad:cookoo:dunno Then I drove on one tank till I was just about at the 605 and 5 interchange. I will figure out what the mileage was later. For the most part I ran back in E4OD and not double overdrive like I can with the Gear Vendors. I wanted to see actual differances in fuel mileage from double od and just standard od. Out there after dark cruise controll is king. Seems my karma is suffering... Most everytime I had to pass a semi there was someone driving up on me and I either cut out on them and cause them to show done or I dropped out of od and had to peddle it to regain the 75 mph cruise. This happened both directions of the trip too. Still, it was a pleasant trip. I just love a road trip...:love::hail

gandalf

Reaction score
Good pictures, Tim. They came out better than mine.

Calvin, Thank you for hosting such a good event. As Gary said, they just keep getting better and better. And a special thanks to Phil for doing the grilling. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was relaxing, just a low key gathering of people with a common interest. I think I can safely say we all had a good time.;Sweet

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken, glad you liked them ;Sweet

Gary, I'm not sure why it's not working for you...I have the album set to "public". Maybe you need to break down and create a Facebook account? :angel: IIRC even Mel gave up and created an account ;Poke :D

Good to see you guys, as always ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Worked for me, although I don't know most of the guys by face!

And Gary, I couldn't tell if that engine was running, but if it was, you better get that shirt buttoned up before you get eaten by an IDI!!! I'm sure it's not as fun as it sounds!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Gees and crackers Tim... You have almost caused me to open a facebook account... Cruse you my friend.. I have been resisting this for years but I may have to give up the ghost and join up if I want to see the pics....:fight::moon::rotflmao:angel: I will say thanks for **** the pictorials of all the Calvin GTG meets. I feel they are important as the meets...:hail

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well Tim... I'm a facebook member. Great pics and captions too. You always do such a great job of getting this in pics and now in print and words too..:love::hail:sly Oh for hidden talents of us all.
As fairly pointed out, my work shirt should well have been buttoned and tucked in. I was so self aware of this but.. I just let it be. Heres to never letting that happen again. Loose clothing around any rotating machinery is a good way to loose something. Its a bad habit that will continue till something gets wrapped up in something turning. I'm thinking I'm a smart guy that just got a lesson from another wise person. Now back on the safety wagon...:hail:D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the dark side, Gary ;Sweet ....and yet I don't have a friend request... :cry: LOL :cry:

I'm glad that you liked the pictures :angel: although I really don't understand why you couldn't see them before. Certainly, I enjoy taking them...I may not be a very good photographer LOL but it is a hobby that I enjoy. Now for summer to hit so I can go over to SFO and do some bird-watching (I love them silver-bellied gas-suckers LOL )

And, re: the loose clothing...you're absolutely right, and for this reason I wear fairly tight-fitting clothing when doing mechanical work (and, no, it's not to show off :rotflmao ) ...I don't think you knew me before I cut my hair, but I had to be VERY careful when my hair was long. I never got it caught in anything, but I still got into the habit of wearing a hat and keeping the hair tucked inside the cap. Really good idea when you're in an engine room with two Cummins 1710's with water pump pulleys at neck level :shocked: :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice pics Mike. They show what a low key event it was for all who could attend. Sorry others didn't drop by but I understand how life changes and we do other things. I think the last gtg was on our 33rd wedding anaversary and I said I was attending.. Had to cancell fast and avoid the oncoming trainwreck....
Scott... See there... I was wearing only a t shirt for most of the event but only wore the loose fitting unbuttoned work shirt of just a little bit.. Still no excuse for tempting safety arounf rotating equiptment. Thanks for your fair and honest comments about safety many times over....
Mike. I didn't know when you turned off I5 but we stayed on it till it reached the 605 freeway. Then a short 5 miles to my door. Glad you could attend and really hope you attend again...
The wifey is telling me she would help me plan a so cali gtg but I've heard little ducks fart in the water before....:eek::angel:;Really:D

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Had fun. Nice to put faces to usernames. I swear it will be easier to just wear a name tag with your username on it lol.. All in all thanks to all. Cant wait till the next one when i can bring my beast out to play :)

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Mike. I didn't know when you turned off I5 but we stayed on it till it reached the 605 freeway. Then a short 5 miles to my door. Glad you could attend and really hope you attend again...
The wifey is telling me she would help me plan a so cali gtg but I've heard little ducks fart in the water before....:eek::angel:;Really:D

I took I210 to Pasadena, got home a little after 12 am. The truck really ran well for being retarded...

It would be nice to try a GTG down here. I can think of several places to assemble.

gandalf

Reaction score
Well Tim... I'm a facebook member. ..

Welcome to the modern era, Gary. I beat you by a month. Now that you've announced your presence, tell us who you are on facebook, and join 'Oilburners.net' group there.

It was good seeing you again at the GTG.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys had a great a time! Good to see Gary doing the timing duties again.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel, We had a great time. Lots of "talking and smack" going on too..:rotflmao But it was all in fun. Once again my timing meter failed to do its job when I tried to time vegas39 truck. Same thing happened when I tried to time his rig a few years ago. I think he is a jona for my meters....:rotflmao It was really great to see and talk with others of the same mind about these trucks. I do know one thing... My next timing clinic I'l bring along TWO METERS... Then I think I will be Kenny proof...;p:shocked:;Poke:rotflmao

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
My kid and I had a good time. It's too bad we didn't get to stick around for the smoked meats... Two hours off leash is about the max that I am allowed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01