banks turbo

paulw

paulw
Reaction score
hi guys i recently bought a banks turbo used but im in need of the gasket that connects the down pipe to the turbo houseing.and a oil feed line kit .and i called banks but the guy was out of town.so i was wondering where or who else sells the parts i need .thanks:dunno

Old Blue

Reaction score
There is no gasket between the down pipe (or the up pipe) and the turbo on a banks turbo kit. The oil feed line all you need are two 1/8" NPT x -4 AN right angle fittings and about 24" of braided oil line with -4 AN fittings from Summit Racing or a similar shop. I'm assuming your used kit came with the aluminum block bolted to the top side of the turbocharger, it should have two tapped oil ports on it, one is for that right angle fitting for the oil feed, and the other is for the oil pressure sender.

I'm referring to the Wastegated Sidewinder kit, I've never seen the older Banks kit, so I could be way off base if that is what you have.

paulw

paulw
Reaction score
its not the wastegated one. the piece im reffering to is not actually the pipe its self i cannot load pics on here or i would be able to show you what im talking about.

Old Blue

Reaction score
Ok, I found a picture of some kits online that show the 1st gen kit, along with the 6 bolt flange for the DP. It looks like you can run it without a gasket and not suffer leaks, here is a thread I turned up on here that has some ideas for you: http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?39896-Need-downpipe-gasket-for-1st-gen-Banks

One guy even made his own gasket with paper gasket material, if you do suffer some kind of leak. Two guys reported using no gasket, and no leaks in that thread I linked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online