Banks Transommand; silly bonus question

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the Banks Transcommand for the E4OD? Please share your opinion. Also, did International produce the 7.3 and earlier IDI for any other application? Or was it specifically produced for Ford trucks? If not, what other types of equipment can these engines be found in?? Thanks.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the 6.9 / 7.3 / 7.3 Powerstroke and 6.0 Powerstroke are International engines used in International Medium Duty trucks i.e. small flatbeds and box trucks, school buses etc. The Ford versions generally have higher rev limiters than the International versions.

Sorry, I dont know anything about the transcommand.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
also,before Ford came along the 6.9 was a spark plug engine.A very over built spark plug engine!But everything ford has had in the past is a turned up IHC bus/straight truck engine.That is one of the main reasons the sick point Slow is a total failure.IHC built a good engine that did its job but ford said they wanted it for their trucks but they wanted it turned up to the max,High RPM(which NO medium to large diesel is designed for),and some experimental crap to get around pattents.Intermational/Navistar hasn't had near the failures of the 6.0 that ford has.Basically the same for the IDI without the major failures.Ford wanted a diesel back in the early 80s and for some odd reason they went the same way as GM and converted a gasser to a diesel but with success.Slap some diesel heads on it,new pistons,and away they went.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I had the banks transcommand strapped to my E4OD when I had one - Did the install a few days after installing the turbo - I waited on installing the transcommand so that I could see the effects of just the turbo and then see the effects of the transcommand - I'm werid that way...

Well the transcommand stayed installed because it firmed up the shifts a bit - it also stopped the slipping in gear when I would pour the coals to her - did not have a problem before the turbo install with slipping in gear under heavy pedal syndrome.

I would recommend the banks transcommand any day of the week after seeing it's performance in my application (The Enterprise - 91 F350 CC Dually as seen in Freight's sig line above)...

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the TransCommand on my truck. The truck rockets forward when it shifts gears under hard acceleration.

Thinking about taking it off. I have the BTS rebuilt transmission, not sure the TransCommand is really necessary.

Mike

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
mine worked good until about last month,it started giving me fits and really screwwing with the OEM module.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Those rumors about the GM and IH diesels being warmed over gas engines are false.
They were both designed and built to burn diesel fuel. GM did try converting a 350 to burn diesel but it was never put into a production vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online