Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not an expert on Banks systems, but I think that's a non-wastegated unit (even though the instruction sheet looks like it's for a Sidewinder, note that the air cleaner assemblies are different between what's illustrated in the instruction sheet and what's in the picture).

That said, I'm pretty sure that the turbo mounts differently...so, I rather doubt that you could use just that turbo in your other system. I could be mistaken, though; hopefully someone who knows for certain will chime in...

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I'm planning on bidding on that third one. Chilicothe is close enough to drive to if something "shady" happens.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the others are definately powerstroke units. Riotwarrior, I have a complete factory and ats setup that I have rebuilt the turbos on. pm me if you like
russ

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That first setup looks just like my system. One thing I noticed is that the downpipe has been cut off just inches from the turbo. It is right in the middle of the 4th picture.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Banks did offer a Non-Wastegated version of the Sidewinder for the first year or two after they changed the name of it. That first one however, is definatley not a Sidewinder... If you look on Banks site at the manual for the E-series setup however, it is the early non gated turbo...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on bidding on that third one. Chilicothe is close enough to drive to if something "shady" happens.

Take a look at the turbine, it looks like it's sustained some damage. I am not certain but the painting thing leads me to believe that someone is making a silk purse outta a sows ear ..... so to speak:puke:

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From those pics, I don't see what you see in the turbine as far as damage... The compressor wheel looks just like mine, the irregularly spaced fins are normal (for that one). The second one you list is for a 99+ 7.3, the third one is from a 94-97.

I'm not sure how those hook up to an IDI, but if you can get that, even a rebuild kit for these is fairly cheap, if there is problems....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From those pics, I don't see what you see in the turbine as far as damage... The compressor wheel looks just like mine, the irregularly spaced fins are normal (for that one). The second one you list is for a 99+ 7.3, the third one is from a 94-97.

I'm not sure how those hook up to an IDI, but if you can get that, even a rebuild kit for these is fairly cheap, if there is problems....

OK I am no picture editor so just bear with my edit.....

Look at where I drew lines and what they point towards...the one blade lower one looks like its distorted on the outer edge....the other blade looks as though it sustained damage and has been perhaps filed or altered. IMHO doesnt mean its hosed or no good....the inner picture is poor and does not allow for a real good view.

Attachments

• pwr stk trb.JPG
    pwr stk trb.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 17

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I see what you're saying...

You are right about the picture being crap. Hell, for all we know, it could be missing the other fins.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I see what you're saying...

You are right about the picture being crap. Hell, for all we know, it could be missing the other fins.

I personally can't tell squat from that pic but on the positive side it costs less than $200 to rebuild a PSD turbo including a new compressor wheel and balancing if you do the rebuild yourself......It's about the cheapest think you can fix on a Powerstroke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online