Banks Non-wastegated Manual

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an install manual/parts inventory sheet for the old square-box Banks Non-wastegated turbo in .PDF format. I just scored a complete truck that has (with a bad number 2 cylinder) a vintage banks turbo (the box reads "Banks Turbo 6.9") I will pick it up next week. Pictures and lots of questions to follow.

Last edited:

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, He got you covered, I got mine from him. Gotta love the Brotherhood!

That's a big 10-4!! This site is awesome when it comes to technical knowledge and guys (and gals) willing to help others. How close are you to being done with Big Ed?:D (We're waiting for the massive burnout/black smoke video!!!LOL )

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Big Ed is on the road! Just working out a few bugs, will update soon. I had a sucessful camping trip last week towing the 5th wheel, so far so good!

gandalf

Reaction score
I have one too. It's 2.96 Mb in pdf format. Send me a PM, with your email address, if you want a copy of what I have. There might be an advantage in getting several, looking for slight variations and updates. Certainly it wouldn't hurt.

Perhaps you should send the entire turbo down here for inspection and roadtesting. The service would be free of charge. I'll ship it back sometime later in this lifetime, or maybe the next.:D

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good Gandalf.(the .PDF offer. I'll skip the turbo road testing!:rotflmao ) Never hurts to have more than one copy in case they updated anything. thanks. :D Sending a PM right now.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Darrin should send Big Ed down to us in the Bay Area for some road testing!:D He would probably never get it back!!:rotflmao

suv7734

Reaction score
PM sent suv7734. Thanks!!;Sweet

It's on it's way!
One thing I 're-engineered' on mine that you might want to look at is the hose and mounting for the CDR. Banks has it mounted with the inlet pointing up on the side of the airbox. That allows the CDR to hold a certain amount of oil (and vapor that eventually condenses) and when it reaches a certain height the accumulated oil will flow into the airbox. I mounted the CDR so the inlet points down so it will not hold any oil. I then cut the hose that runs from the CDR to the adapter on the timing gear cover. I installed a hose mender and rotated one end of the hose about 180* from its original orientation. WHat this does is provide a 'slope' from the CDR back to the adapter so that any oil that accumulates will flow back to the adapter and eventually into the crankcase.
Here's a couple of pics so you can get an idea. The hose clamp you see behind the AC compressor is where the cut/mender is......

Attachments

• cdr-_mount.JPG
    cdr-_mount.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 3
  • cdr_hose.JPG
    cdr_hose.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 3