Banks non gated ?

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i found a turbo kit, Has all oil return lines, both exhaust manifolds, up and down pipes, the crossover pipe and all the airbox stuff. Asking price is pretty cheap. He doesnt know what brand it is, but it came off of an 87 6.9. He said the turbo said airesearch on it. And that it wasnt waste gated. Im guessin its an older non gated banks. Is that a good setup. Whats it worth. I have decided that im gonna end up keepin the truck, whether i want to or not. With that said i want to turbo it and i would rather have a non waste gated setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Will

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
So i found a turbo kit, Has all oil return lines, both exhaust manifolds, up and down pipes, the crossover pipe and all the airbox stuff. Asking price is pretty cheap. He doesnt know what brand it is, but it came off of an 87 6.9. He said the turbo said airesearch on it. And that it wasnt waste gated. Im guessin its an older non gated banks. Is that a good setup. Whats it worth. I have decided that im gonna end up keepin the truck, whether i want to or not. With that said i want to turbo it and i would rather have a non waste gated setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Will

if i was you, and had the money, i would buy it, i think you should, whats they want for it?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a banks then it'll say so on the intake. It could be a non wastegated ats 085 or 088. They both used airesearch

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said it didnt look like it said anything on the intake. Is there a way to tell which one it is if its an ats setup.

Will

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said it didnt look like it said anything on the intake. Is there a way to tell which one it is if its an ats setup.

Will

doesent the ats turbo sit in the vallypan like the stock trucks? because i know i have a newer sidewinder but they called it the side winder because it sits side ways in the vallypan, maby this will help? but good luck