Banks inter cooler

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why you couldn't as long as you have the space to fit it. I also don't think that's a banks, I think all of theirs are all aluminum. That one looks like a stock Ford to me?
Travis..

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I didn't see the size but I believe that those intercoolers are hard to fit into our trucks. The height is the killer, even on the earlier ones that I put into my truck that are smaller I still had to trim the hood latch braket. From what i can see it does just look like a stock one.

To answer your question though, yes you should be able to make it work as long as you could deal with the height. It has been done before.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i payed half that for mine brand new.
i only payed a bit over 4 bills for a total intercooler setup.that's whats so cool about the idi with the big 3 turbo kits.we don't even "need" an intercooler.........but it sure is cool to be able to max the fuel screw and haul the mail.
just no need to pay more than you have too.

here's my price list from log trucks cooler setup;
ebay cxracing intercooler 119.99
silicone intakes 125.14
ebay/mandrelbends 6 90's 81.91
used ats hat 55.00
intercooling pipe welded 30.00

thats a total of $412.04 and it took very little time.we don't need to pay big bucks to play with our idi's.
ok,sure if your going to install some mods to support larger boost/turbo's etc.then you want a big intercooler to match,but if you know your not going to be doing that.......id suggest keeping the $ for other parts of the truck.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49434&d=1396202457
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49470&d=1396400436

Last edited:

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's just a stock intercooler off a super duty truck they can be had from a junk yard for 100$. I've bought one before, and the early 99 trucks had an all aluminum intercooler on them. The later 7.3's had plastic end caps.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If that's just a stock intercooler off a super duty truck they can be had from a junk yard for 100$. I've bought one before, and the early 99 trucks had an all aluminum intercooler on them. The later 7.3's had plastic end caps.

Yep. Looks stock to me.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Banks inter cooler, would a enterprising lad be able to use this on our truck?
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/pts/4537257271.html

I know you in Michigan not sure were, but i got an intercooler from parts galore in flat rock in the heavy truck yard for 20 bucks, they have set prices there so no bull s@#$%, its been some time since i was there but last time they had some cummins trucks and a couple fords out there with intercoolers, im sure they have been picked through by now but it might be worth looking into if the drive is reasonable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7