banks 6.9 turbo for sale in norcal on CL

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah saw that one in Applegate for sale on Craigslist. He sent me some photos of the fins they look in good shape and appear to be in good working order. It is compatible with the 7.3 but someone else needs to jump in and say how it is.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bolt on and go, maybe some cutting and bending of a fender lip, is it for an auto or manual? How old is the kit?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few guys here have the older Banks non gated system. Seems like it works well and probably preferable to the Sidewinder thanks to the non proprietary turbo design. I do hear that it makes a big difference if it was for an auto or manual truck or for a van. Might need to ask him some more questions. I could be wrong, Darrin Tosh, and a couple other guys have or have had these things.

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for the late reply. this was just something I saw on CL and thought I'd pass around the group.

I do have a pre-sidewinder 6.9 banks turbo on my 7.3 and it seems to work well. Standard garret T3/T4 turbo design. parts are readily available(except maybe replacement Y/up-pipes). provides enough boost to get me over the hill and seems to have good spooling with the Y/up-pipes wrapped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online