Bad injectors/IP or worse?

93banksidi

Reaction score
I've been racking up the mileage on my beast, she's up to 369,5xx at this point. I know that the injectors and ip are way past their mileage, and overdue for replacement. My issue is, the truck has been sitting for 2 & half months since being rear ended(frame bent). now that the insurance has finally given a decent number, I need to get it going as a dd again. Before the accident, she smoked white when cold. Now that it's sat, it smokes a lot more.

https://vimeo.com/139755364/

Do you think it's worth replacing injectors and pump, or should I be looking at rebuild too? She runs mighty strong still, pulled loads plenty fine before the accident and has never let me down.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Start with ip and injectors.
At least you can put those on a different engine if it comes to that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
give her a compression test and go from there.conestoga diesel injection transformed my truck so it feels like im running a modern diesel now. so if the compression is good,save your penny's and go there.don't skimp.you'll thank me latter.;Really

mntwins7

Broken 6.9
Reaction score
My truck does the white smoke thing. I'm gonna swap the injectors here sometime, hopefully that'll be the fix.

I've got 163xxx on.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I concur with doing injectors and pump but might add timing too. Then if the engine is dead or gets killed off you still have good transferable parts to another engine. Sadly you can't transfer the timing too.

93banksidi

Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll do a compression test next weekend(this weekend I have to change a rear leaf and all the bushings). Once payment clears from the accident, I'll be ordering a moose junior ip and moose mate injectors. If I burn it up after, so be it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online