Bad Fuel

quickstart

Reaction score
There seems to be some bad fuel around here in the Western New York area. I was wondering if its a problem in other parts of the country. What do you guys do when it happens to you? Is there anyone that ruined their engine and got some compensation from the station or refinery? What do you think of the chances?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I've heard of some people getting reimbursed...takes alot of work
unless there are several patrons who got fuel and can be contacted to lodge a complaint.

Is it a place that has heavy volume that you frequent rgularly, or some dive pit owned by Abdul buying the sludge from the bottom of the tanks?

Best just do a filter change and good dose of Stanadyne and not patronise that place.

quickstart

Reaction score
This problem happened to a member of my club. I've been lucky so far by not getting any bad fuel. I guess he was running low and had to fuel up at a place other than his regular place. He said he changed his filter and noticed sand and some **** in there. He's worried about his injectors. It's still blowing some white smoke.

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
Sand????? Did you say sand???

Im not up to date on Fords, but dont they have a tank filter too? (sock, metal strainer, or whatever)

If he's sucking sand into the fuel filter after the tank filter if there is one, I'd say drop the tank for preventative reasons. Clean er all out and refuel if you have to. I'm also thinking they may have picked up water too with the white smoke observation.

Otherwise just keep on trucking and changing the filters, dose it with treatment and it will all come out eventually. Not uncommon to go thru 4-5 filters if its really bad.