Axle applications...

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
94+ Dodges are driver drop, but the axles are not very desirable due to CAD and they are coil sprung.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short answer? Anything's possible it's just a question of how much time/effort/money you're willing to put into it.

I'd say getting a proper ford axle would be much easier and more reliable.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
The ford d60 is practically a bolt in affair if you already have a TTB 50 in there........

If your going after coil springs, i'd use an '05+ superduty axle.

Hardy41

Reaction score
Why don't we hear about guys putting a Dana 44 under our trucks. I just picked up one from a 78 F-250. Will need some slight mods to make it work but nothing crazy. I would like to have a dana 60 but, the 44 was cheaper and will be much better then the TTB 50 that is under my truck.

Last edited:

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Why don't we hear about guys putting a Dana 44 under our trucks. I just picked up one from a 78 F-250. Will need some slight mods to make it work but nothing crazy. I would like to have a dana 60 but, the 44 was cheaper and will be much better then the TTB 50 that is under my truck.

I've asked that question in the past, too, because Dana 44's are stupidly cheap around here, and Dana 60's people think are made of gold even when they're a piece of junk. But even the Dana 44HD straight axle, seems just isn't a strong enough axle to be worth the trouble.

Hardy41

Reaction score
I've asked that question in the past, too, because Dana 44's are stupidly cheap around here, and Dana 60's people think are made of gold even when they're a piece of junk. But even the Dana 44HD straight axle, seems just isn't a strong enough axle to be worth the trouble.

Ya that's true but having a straight axle then the TTB is better in my opinion.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rebuild your TTB and get it aligned, and you are on your way to recovery from being a TTB hater. They give a better ride than a solid axle and will holdup fine for 99% of truck owners that use their trucks as they were intended. I have heard the only reason Ford brought back the dana 60 was for commercial snowplow use and other unusual severe duties. If you think your intended use needs a dana 60, by all means get one. But most people want one so they can say "I have a dana 60 under my truck". I guess saying "I have a solid axle dana 44 under my truck" doesn't give the same impression, must be why they are cheap.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
id swap in a 60 any day. less moving parts. trunnion bearing/link pin. no ball joints. no uneven tire wear. no need for lift to clear larger tires (up to XX)