ATS Turbo Oil Sender/ Port thing....

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did search on this and got boatloads of info but I still have one question that i couldn't find an answer for. Here is what I want to do....
After my strange "overheat" issue with the TC I decided I want to finally install my Batt-Water Temp-Oil Pressure gauges that I bought years ago and never installed. From the research I've done I know the place for the water temp....i don't mind losing the engine light but I don't want to lose the dummy gauges, so i'm going with the spot where the eng light spot is. I hate a gauge sitting there not working.....so my question is for the oil pressure. I have an ATS Turbo and it has the sender on top of the turbo. I saw in my research where someone had T'd into this spot but it was on a Banks. Can I do the same thing on the ATS? And if not I am still not clear where to put the oil probe and still retain the stock dummy gauge. Any and all help would be appreciated.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sure can Tee into that location. Its a blind end tube for the pressure gauge so it will continue to read and supply oil to both the gauge and the turbo.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Why not T into the stock port? Id be nervous to restrict flow to the turbo in any way

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have told a lie! Lol.....It appears that the turbo was indeed an ATS and not a Banks like I first said. I found this pic and I'm thinking this is what I will do. I wonder how this has held up since. Otherwise HS108's idea is a good one too. The stock port is to the left of the glow plug controller if you are looking down on the engine, yes? Oh here's the link....The pic I'm referring to is post #4 by '94IDITurbo7.3.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?64913-Show-me-your-oil-pressure-senders

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get machined brass tee's instead of the cast tee's, the threads are all female so you have to use nipples with them. Much lighter than the cast and smaller in size.