Arggggggggg MURPY'S BACK!!!!!!!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to picking up the tailshaft housing I needed for the ZF5...150 mile trip went smooth, people at the yard were nice, part looked great & got home safe and sound.

Get ready to press in new bearing races before I call it a night so I can get a jump on tomorrow and ..........WAIT.....something is not looking right:kick:.......Sheet, wrong danged housing for a later model without a speedo cable-cuss -cuss Daymit I knew better than that.:fan:

Now I sit here with my thumb in my --- waiting for them to call me back

:cry:

Thanks, I'm done ranting now.:mad:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the're gonna stand behind what they sold me and are looking for another to swap it out with me or will refund my $$$. Even mentioned bringing a replacement to me when they are down this way next week;Sweet

They do have a bunch of these older trucks if some of you are looking for something. One of their yards is 40 acres of nothing but 3/4 ton and up. saw lots of medium duty trucks there as well as some HD trucks.

http://www.marshautoparts.com/

DieselChemist

Reaction score
That's Awesome, thanks for the link that place is only an hour from me. Hope you get the truck fixed

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's Awesome, thanks for the link that place is only an hour from me. Hope you get the truck fixed

Yer welcome. Seems like pretty good folks in there that know what they are doing and prices from what I've seen are reasonable. Pretty busy place too, musta been 20 people in the lobby when I walked in that had wandered in and were waiting for parts etc..

I'll get it fixed one of these days, no big rush now, just want to get it done so I can get it out of the shed as it's pretty much in the way for doing anything else right now.......especially the paint & body work I want to get started on the Stuperduty mid May.-Drool

It's bleeding my play money too and that's gotta stop:mad:

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
cool find i've got to go that way here soon to pick up a mustang from my sister's house in Ramseur! ;Sweet
i bet i've been right by that place and never knew it:love:?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were true to their word and I now have the correct housing. Looks even better than the last one, in fact it looks like it came off of a recently remanufactured tranny as clean as it is and judging by the lack of wear on the bearing cones.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726