Are you finding IDI parts in junkyards?

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
I'm not.:dunno

And I looked at about 500 Fords yesterday.:***:

I'm in Albuquerque, which has dozens of salvage yards, has an ideal storage climate, and collects most of the disabled vehicles within a 150 mile radius.

Maybe 30 trucks/vans, and the select few that were diesels, had the entire engines/trans/drivetrains removed intact.:rolleyes:

Four hours wasted, and I'd have been happy to find a single steel fuel line.-cuss

I'm trying to rig up an injector tester. All I need is a line or fitting that will connect to the top of the injector. A line would be best, because I could weld onto it.

Any suggestions?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We never get any in our yards. The one time I have found one in a local yard, I flipped out and took all kinds of unneeded stuff. ;p

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rarley have I seen one in there and the one that I did see in there was sticks and stones. Your better bet is to type in "search tempest" or craigslist. Tempest helps alot but it doesn't beat going through craigs city by city.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't go to the yards much anymore, but there are some in the yards here. Most look to be used up work trucks though.
Travis..

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
iv heard rumors that IDI trucks finally ware out and go to the graves like the rest of 'em,but iv never seen it personally.until then.....it doesn't happen lol.:D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a few diesel IDI's(mainly reg cab trucks) will die a slow death behind my shop.
Most of the parts are removed by my permission. Those who don't seek permission aren't ever seen again.;Sweet

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a dozen or so around me, not including the trucks Ive parted out and the 3 or 4 motors that I have that are torn down.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i have a few sets also.

plus almost every yard around me has atleast 3 idi's in them each. thats where i found my turbo setup.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well lucky you. Why don't you share the wealth.And while you're at it get me a set of 80-86 visors,bench seat, and the leather snaps that hold the back seats for a obs to the sides. Oh and also a manual gage cluster with the trip meter. Or any cluster that isn't all cracked up with the trip meter, I can just change out the speedo. Thanks Scott

DragRag

Reaction score
Not to many in pick and pull in San Jose, but once in a while. Mostly they end up at my house, or Cals shop. We get all the cheap ones around here, and were pretty good about not stepping on each others tows to, pretty cool really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online