Are brand new windshields availible, north bay area?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Want to replace the glass in my truck, I know I've seen them in LMC, but I think it runs $100 to ship so I'd like to find something local.

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Call this company:
http://www.safelite.com/
They came to my house and replaced my front windshield for under $150. BTW, I'm in Sonoma County. I'm sure they service Napa.

Whoa. While I can't speak for this application the rule around here is "anybody but Safelite" and I deal with hundreds of body shops. They all ***** that its cheap Asian glass.

I just put a windshield in through one of my body shop buddies and heard it all over again.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I'm not in the body shop / auto glass industry so I've never heard anything bad about them. There's no way I'd pay top dollar for a windshield for a nine year old truck with 223K miles. Windshields for my truck are extremely common and mine gets pitted real fast...with aftermarket or OEM glass.

Back in Oct '00 I bought a new '01 Civic which was a new design from the previous year. A rock cracked my windshield BAD within a month of ownership and I was forced to get one from Honda. Only problem was that all the windshield inventory for the '01s were alloted to the plants for new car production. Honda had a hard time getting me one. They finally got one for me but I was charged $625.00 plus installation.

I'm happy with my [Asian] windshield.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I can do the install myself, personally I wouldn't trust anyone to install glass for that price, the install alone should cost at least $100, cheap install means cheap labor means sketchey individuals doing the work, and that means you gotta pay to have it done over again or they eff up your car. I just need the glass, and I don't want cheap stuff, I want quality.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
newsflash.....
windshields are a closely controlled item by DOT. There's only one standard. theirs. i get mime done for $120 installed. there's something about fords and windshields....I don't own a truck that doesn' have one chipped or cracked -cuss :mad: -cuss :mad:

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the quailty of glass thats at issue.

I'm only telling you what I know and if one is looking for something cheap buy something cheap I say.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online