Are ARP Head Studs Overrated for our stock engines with stock boost???

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Buy from International or Ford. Either one will not be selling cheap crap... I hope... But one never knows what a bean counter thinks will turn a better profit..

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well now, you guys have got me scared to death. Put an old 88 7.3 engine in my 92 that supposedly has 80K miles on it. Only thing I did to it was check compression, all around 400 to 420. Now I stuck a Banks Sidewinder on it, top boosting is at 19 -20 PSI, I must say it runs like a ***** Ape. Those head gaskets must really must be stuck on from old age. Exhaust is 3". Don't tell me the boost gauge is off, which one of the three different ones is it?

you should be running head studs for that boost level.head bolts for the 7.3l should be good for a reliable 12 lbs of boost.
we don't have a Mitsubishi te06h map.so it's really anyone's guess as to if it makes more heat or power boosting at those levels anyway.she feels pretty good hey? your not intercooled?

edit;
check this out oldbull;

"Boost and Altitude Correction to Compression

You are running 20 PSI of boost at an altitude of 0 feet. Your motor's static compression is 21.5 :1. At this boost level and altitude your effective compression ratio is 50.75 :1, and without altitude correction your compression ratio would be 50.75 :1."
:eek:
https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/compression.htm

you might get away with it for a while,but way,way,way before the 300k life expectancy,them gaskets are going to go..........pop goes the weasel.:D

Last edited: