anything i should do before reaplcing my injector pump?

OldiesF250

dedicated....
Reaction score
yea, i found out that i need a new IP and was sent to www.mwfi.com to find a rebuilt $300 IP. i also ordered that special wrench from tool-source for $35 to aid me in this. what should i do when i replace it? on my IP and housing, there are factory marks i suppose that line up and thats how i should put it in? ive heard of people really messing up their timing by doing this and i would really like to know how NOT to do this.

thanks and cheers

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you take a look at mel's article on FI servicing? Take a read through it and it should be pretty simple understanding. Oh yea, when you order the IP, get the return line kit too. When you have the lines off, that is the best time to do the return lines too.

OldiesF250

dedicated....
Reaction score
should i just go to the dealer to get the fuel return lines? that site doesnt have them from what i am seeing.

geneluo

Reaction score
i've also heard to get the injectors checked at the same time you do your ip......because if the injectors are just slightly worn (say pop pressure 1800psi drops to 1600psi) the timing will be advanced. i also heard that the injectors last longer than the pumps about 100k........so.......some one else help me out on this

geneluo

Reaction score
i've also heard to get the injectors checked at the same time you do your ip......because if the injectors are just slightly worn (say pop pressure 1800psi drops to 1600psi) the timing will be advanced. i also heard that the injectors last longer than the pumps about 100k........so.......some one else help me out on this ........basically get it checked for insurance.