Anyone try a Dorman PMD?

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for the sake of discussion, has anyone ever used a Dorman PMD? In my internet travels when I was fixing my truck, I stumbled on the Dorman PMD. Since they have a limited lifetime warranty, I was curious if there was any experiences with them and if they were any good?
Travis..

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as flight systems or dtech. Don't risk it unless you like your truck taking off at full throttle and possibly at a stop light like mine.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I was just curious since they have a lifetime warranty. They are spendy though. I ended up with a new black Stanadyne and it is working fine. The one it replaced that was still on the pump had no brand markings and a 2010 date on it, so it didn't last too long. It's failure was intermittant wide open throttle, maybe it was one of the ones you mention.
Travis..

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dtech has supposedly fixed their problem with the pmd but after my truck roasted the tires at a red light I won't stray from stanadyne. After that problem I haven't heard of many people using them without keeping a spare handy.

Imo a lifetime warranty does me no good if my truck jumps a light and gets me killed.

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
end of lifetime. works for them.

i run standyne. have a black on in the glove box and a grey one on the bus now. located behind front bumper.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the way to go, I have a used Stanadyne grey box in the console and new Stanadyne in the bumper. I take no chances, I still have a used d tech pmd in the back seat side pocket with the right cable for it.