Anyone Need Some Parts???

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I have a bunch of parts sitting in my storage unit in Bend, OR. Not exactly sure what all is there since I haven't seen them in awhile. I sold the truck and the buyer didn't want the spare parts (starter, radiator, alternator, etc.). cookoo PM me or reply to this post with what you need. Pretty much make an offer and pay for the shipping and the parts are yours. I moved to the North Bay area in California, so I can deliver some parts to this area or nearby if needed. Just figured I'd give you guys first dibs before they all head to the scrap yard.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gonna be in oregon anytime soon? I wouldn't mind seeing what you got!

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
gonna be in oregon anytime soon? I wouldn't mind seeing what you got!

Hoping to make a trip up there this coming weekend. I should be there Saturday, but leaving again on Sunday. I have a ten hour drive just to get there, and another 10 hours back. PM me your number and I can call you later this week to let you know how things are looking.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
<BUMP> Didn't find a heater cord. I have a starter, alternator, an IP, a radiator, PS gearbox, PS pump, heater assembly - A/C equipt, a diamond deck cross over toolbox w/ keys, 7.3L wiring harness - complete, (2) 7.3L style GP controllers - one included with harness, wing windows, tailgate for '80-'86 style truck, and a bunch of other odds and ends. Make an offer on what you need.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Hey Kenneth

Hijack on -

How is the Ex working out for you? I know I love mine....

Hijack off -

So far, so good. The family loves it! :love: I wish it had the 7.3L in it, but I can't have everything. It's getting about 13.4 on the highway at 75-80 mph and about 10 in town. I guess not bad for a gasser, and a big one at that. Thinking it could do better with a tune-up, but scared to even touch the spark plugs. :fan: Mine and yours sound about the same, except mine is 2 years older and not a diesel.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
So far, so good. The family loves it! :love: I wish it had the 7.3L in it, but I can't have everything. It's getting about 13.4 on the highway at 75-80 mph and about 10 in town. I guess not bad for a gasser, and a big one at that. Thinking it could do better with a tune-up, but scared to even touch the spark plugs. :fan: Mine and yours sound about the same, except mine is 2 years older and not a diesel.

Yep, we love ours.... it is an 03 with the earlier 6.0...... I know run away..... cookoo not really, it has been very reliable, the only real issue I have had with it was a bad alt that would let the batteries get down to the point it wouldn't start, but that only happened in the garage..... I get 13-14 in a mixed commute and have seen 20 on long highway crusing.....

I underalso undersand about the spark plugs.... Dad has a 97 F-250 with a 5.4 Triton gas.. (light duty, half ton looking, 7 lug trucks). He bought it used and it had been tuned up shortly before trade-in. He had driven it for a while and had a strange miss.... he took it to the Dealer (had some covered services work being done) and asked them about it..... the left rear spark plug was only being held in my the little bolt on the coil...... he had the truck only a few months, so $3k later, it has a new passenger side head..... and this is like the SD's, he stopped to check on it, and the cab was hanging from the rafters in the shop.........

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Yep, we love ours.... it is an 03 with the earlier 6.0...... I know run away..... cookoo not really, it has been very reliable, the only real issue I have had with it was a bad alt that would let the batteries get down to the point it wouldn't start, but that only happened in the garage..... I get 13-14 in a mixed commute and have seen 20 on long highway crusing.....

I underalso undersand about the spark plugs.... Dad has a 97 F-250 with a 5.4 Triton gas.. (light duty, half ton looking, 7 lug trucks). He bought it used and it had been tuned up shortly before trade-in. He had driven it for a while and had a strange miss.... he took it to the Dealer (had some covered services work being done) and asked them about it..... the left rear spark plug was only being held in my the little bolt on the coil...... he had the truck only a few months, so $3k later, it has a new passenger side head..... and this is like the SD's, he stopped to check on it, and the cab was hanging from the rafters in the shop.........

It seems that even though the 6.8L V10 had the spark plug issue too, the 5.4L V8 seems to have it happen more often. :dunno I think I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot. I just hope everything goes well. Mine has 89,000 miles on it now, so do you think it shou;d have already "spit" a plug if it was going to or does it happen after the initial plug change?