Anyone know how to truck pull?

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
From what i understand the track is very sandy. I am going to air my tires down a bit and try to get the most traction i can out of the A/T tires i have on it. I had a ? about taking off. Most autos spool the turbos and what not. How should i try and get the sled rolling? Just try to take off like a normal driving? Its going to be kind of hard to keep rpm up and taking off without slipping the clutch a LOT. Just curious what i should do and still be able to drive it home ;p

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
when i did mine, i started in 4low 2nd gear. sliped clutch off line just to get moving then once it grabbed i went to WOT. never hopped or slipped a tire. i had about 10 psi in my rear tires, 35 in front.

but that is with my turboed 6.9, 4 speed and 3.55 gears and 36' hummer tires.

http://youtu.be/drxLkIuB8qc

yes i broke the rear shaft at the yolk. u joint was still bolted to the rear.

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who commented about my former post, I would like to thank you guys for RESPECTFULLY disagreeing with me, as opposed to calling me an idiot or something of the like. There are other sites that would've taken that and hijacked it into a "RustyBolts is an idiot" thread. I went back and deleted said post, as it turned out to be unhelpful in this situation. Y'all have a good 'un.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
your gonna have to slip the clutch no matter what so with out haveing a pulling clutch your gonna want to try and keep your rpms as low as possible to keep the slipage to a minimum while having the rpms high enough once the clutch is fully out and holding to accelerate

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well i just spoke with a local high school friend that pulls about every event they have around here. They are going to pull in this one so i think im going to do it :)

Ill do it if You do it!;Poke

Looks like Ill be pulling on Wednesday the 20th at the Vanburen county Fair with Ron as my pit crew!;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online