Anyone know about WixCool coolant mix?

tapdancewilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy at the auto parts store says that this is a cheaper alternative to fleet charge, just mix it with normal Ethylene glycol-based antifreeze/coolant. Its called WixCool by Wix Filters. part #24056. Anyone have experience with it? is it any good?
-Will

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used it and then check coolant with test strips to confirm SCA's at the proper lever, and it checked out. I've used it several times.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how much is needed for a cooling system on our trucks? and were are you guys getting test strips at? i want to check my sca level in my truck,

jay_t

Reaction score
I thought "Ethylene glycol-based antifreeze" turns a bit sludge-ish when diesel additives are added?

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added the entire bottle when I had 0 sca' s in my original antifreeze and made it to the recommended levels. For the test strips I went to the local truck shop and bought a few from them.

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The parts store should be able to order the test strips for you. But they prob come in a pack of 25 or so.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottle's instructions should say how much it treats, but the final test should be with a test strip. Should be able to get them wherever you got the WIX COOL. John Deere sells nice little packages with just a few strips and a nice chart to go with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online