Anyone have ZF5 puller tools?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Does anyone have the the ZF5 specific puller tools? Specifically tool kit T87T-7025-SH? Or specifically the synchro pullers?

T87T-7025-NH
T87T-7025-MH
T87T-7025-OH

Haven't seen any on ebay in a while. Would be happy to pay shipping both ways plus a little extra, or buy outright if you won't need them again.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm sure you've done your research, but when I was looking into it, it was easier to just get pullers from harbor freight and the like.
At least that's what I got from all the rebuild threads I saw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Kheg

Reaction score
I just pulled my ZF apart and put it back together with the help of the tech articles on this forum of course. I used no special pullers just a simple Harbor Freight three jaw in pic. To pull the remainder of the gears and synchro hubs I used a giant (like 2 foot long 2 jaw puller). I stripped two main shafts everything came off without damage. I pulled the cages off of the bearings ground through them as far as I could with a cut off wheel and split them with a large chisel. I used the toaster oven trick to heat the hubs and bearings, (Easy Bake bearing heater) which worked perfectly!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

siegler

Reaction score
As mentioned, the special tools are not required, the process may be less painful if you can get your hands on them though. I used a 3 jaw puller and bearing splitters on the bearings after cutting the cages off. The synchros came off nicely by slamming the main shaft on the concrete, or something else that's softer than the shaft.
A toaster oven was awesome for putting things back together.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
OK, looks do-able. I'll give it a whirl with just the regular pullers that I have.

Kevin r Hill

Reaction score
Hello to the forum. First post here. It was great news to hear that the zf5 can be rebuilt w/o spending a fortune on tools. However, where does one acquire the 2' gear puller? That is a kink in the plans.

Oh, and sorry to revive an old thread.