anybody ever lift there bed off with cherry picker?

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use one for all my trucks. I made a "H" fH'rame that the arm fits into with a pin. The "H" frame fits under the bed wall flange.
A 6"x6"x12" block between the arm & the "H" gives me plenty of lift.

Rick

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
we used 2x6's and 55 gal barrels to lift my bed off, or get your trusty friends over. if they dont come tell them you have beer...evryone in the neighborhood will come help then :sly

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Me n my buddy lifted the 10' flatbed of his 88 F350, We picked up the rear and set it on a 4x4 on 2 55gallon drums then picked up the front and had another buddy drive out from under it. Wish we woulda done it the other way around cause my feet got run over lol. We are both large young guys so itd take 3 or 4 regular men otherwise. We did end up using a cherry picker a few weeks later to pick up the bed and lower it on a flatbed trailer to go to the scrap yard with no problems. It scrapped out at 1300#s

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Another way to do it is to look for two trees separated just enough to position your truck right between them. Secure a chain (3/8" minimum) from one tree to the other just above where you have a branch and put a 2 ton hoist in the middle. That's the way I do all my lifting of heavy stuff in my "mechanic shop under the trees" here. I get things in and out of that area with my tractor.

Attachments

• 102_0332.jpg
    102_0332.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont have anywhere to use chains with a tree, I wish I did but I live in the city, im still wondering about a cherry picker I wish there was just a easy way tp get it off and back on

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Dont have anywhere to use chains with a tree, I wish I did but I live in the city, im still wondering about a cherry picker I wish there was just a easy way tp get it off and back on

Got light poles?:rotflmao JK.

What are you taking it off for?

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reason I wanna pull the flatbed is because I'm going to end up putting a regular 8' box on or im going to cut the c channel subframe on the flatbed off to get it sitting 10" lower on the frame,

I need to make sure I can get the bed back on though because I've been carrying around a miller bobcat that we need because we've been doing a ton of side jobs, so I need to make sure I can get it back on, I'm planning on doing this on the weekend, I found a dually box for $300 or I'm going to chop the flatbed, I'm leaning more towards the dually bed, I've wanted to put one on for a while, there will deffinately be fabrication involved,

does anyone have a picture of the underside of one of your beds so I can see the brackets that bolt to the frame?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
call that a jlg or man lift brad guess its just a texan thing but no i would not try to lift anything with one of those. I have personally seen them tip when people tried this. it was just a little scary

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
call that a jlg or man lift brad guess its just a texan thing but no i would not try to lift anything with one of those. I have personally seen them tip when people tried this. it was just a little scary

bah, i just had my new 6.9 hanging from one. didnt pick it up high or have the boom out. just high enough to get it on the stand. my forklift wasnt plugged in and wouldnt start. worked great.

lotz

Reaction score
dont extend it all of the way out. have it as close to the base as possible. what size cherry picker are you using?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online