Any places in the northeast time these trucks?

boggerted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get my 93 7.3 idit timed since I just rebuilt the engine and I suspect the timing is a bit retarded. However, none of the local diesel shops near me have a clue of what Im talking about. Im in the NJ area and am not afraid to drive or pay to geet it done right. Also, if any place has a dyno setup that can mess with the timing to optimize the power output since I have injectors that would be great. Thanks

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are willing to wait a few months..... Mel (Agnem) will time your truck for free at the Rally in July. He's timed hundreds of these IDI's and is likely the most experience guy at doing IDI timing in the country. Plus, Ron's (the host) lined up a dyno day for us as well. NJ's not a terrible drive to Tecumseh, MI and one member (Danielle) from NJ is planning on coming too. Sounds like a convoy to me.LOL

Click the link in my signature for all the info. Hope to see you and your rig this summer.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
From reading your post I'm assuming you rebuilt your engine yourself. If thats so you have time the engine yourself by renting one of my meters. I have a timing meter rental program thats helping many members finally time their rigs. I get a fee of $60.00 and ship to you. I pay the shipping to you and you pay it back to me or the next person on the long list. At this time I have a meter in the Ill area. When that member is done I can have him ship directly to you. The meter is the kent moore J33300-A meters. It comes with the 2 special tools for making the pump adjustments. In a pm I help you along with any questions about the timing. You clean the 2 engine peobe locations. Connect the power. Press one rocker switch and start the engine. Rev to about 2000 rpm + - 25 and read the meter. Shut down the engine and make an adjustment or leave it alone because its done where you want it. Mot will run about 9.0 to 9.5 dbtdc and thats getting the best results for milegae and power. In my pm I get you shipping address and give you my paypal and cell phone number. you can call me anytime of day or nite with questions. This program has been well eccepted in this forum. I'm actually thinking about opening it up to other forums too. I well understand the issues with nobody in this country or Canada timing our engines any longer... Some members have paid to get their engines timed and fond out the "shop" did it by ear...:eek::eek::rotflmao Thats robbery right there. The only person I have known that has done this correctly is Mel. And even he said it was luck to get it correct. Mel is the best at timing these engines. So send me a pm or talk to others here that have been part of this program. Nobody is going to tell tall tales about me...:angel: Unless its on fb....:moon::cry:;Poke:rotflmao That fb nite was one I missed out on. Way too many funny members on this forum with nothing to do when the web was hacked....:D

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
A little short notice bit I will be in helmetta nj tomorrow working on danielle's rig and will have my meter with me.....

boggerted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little short notice bit I will be in helmetta nj tomorrow working on danielle's rig and will have my meter with me.....

PM sent. and if that doesnt work out icanfixall I will be contacting you!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
if you make it the the york/harrisburg area in PA i can time it. you would need the little adapter on the #1 line for mine to work though.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And worse case, I'm only a 3 hour drive from most parts of New Jersey.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well it sure sounds like you have some choices. Members stepping up to help others is what makes this the best forum for these rigs.....:sly:thumbsup:

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
I got him. He is only half hr from me(new hope/lambertville) he is coming up sat morning

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you got things worked out. Sounds like a mini meet. Please post the results of the before and after timing readings. We all like to live thru others posts. A good story goes a long ways around here.:sly

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck is too messy for pictures haha. It looks like Beavis and Butthead have been living in my third row ewwww

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My truck is too messy for pictures haha. It looks like Beavis and Butthead have been living in my third row ewwww

It can't be worse than my wifeys 95 civic 4 door.. She wont clean it inside nor outside. The inside has so many bags of partly eaten fast food it looks like a motorized trach dumpster going down the road... Talk about hoarders.. she is the poster child for that.. I refues to ride or drive that mess.....:puke:

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
due to the recent snow and salt on the roads i aint washing the dualluy before driving to hersey.

yes i hve b eem drinking. hehe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online