Any advantage on newer HPOP and turbo?

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 97 was about a dog stock, and my IDI would have run circles around it. I haven't done much to the PSD; downpipe, exhaust, intake and a 6 position chip, and it'll eat my IDI for breakfast already. I can't wait to get the cash together for more "intensive" upgrades. I still have the IDI, I can't bring myself to put a for sale sign on it.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Nope i never road in one, but i know with just the little bit done to mine its got plenty of power for me, and i know that i could get more if i had money to do it, but im sure a modded PSD will really get with it, but they suck stock my truck would out run the 94 when i was still N/A

my f350 would run off and leave my psd stock.

My 97 was about a dog stock, and my IDI would have run circles around it. I haven't done much to the PSD; downpipe, exhaust, intake and a 6 position chip, and it'll eat my IDI for breakfast already. I can't wait to get the cash together for more "intensive" upgrades. I still have the IDI, I can't bring myself to put a for sale sign on it.

i want another idi because i can actully work on it lol. but ya my f350 would smoke this stock psd any day and it was n/a. i think im gonna buy a junky idi and might keep this psd but im really considering selling it.

sheepman

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
When the first gen Psds came out I remember the turbo companies advertising that their kits when added to a idi would spank a stock PSD.

Last edited:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
in my opinion stock psds are SLOW. great torque for pulling but no speed or acceleration. is a ts 6 pos chip brand new free shipping worth $259? i cant afford a custom tune becaue then i couldnt buy gauges.

sheepman

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
Yes that's a good price. Is it from that dude on eBay? Later on if you want you can get it reflased by Tony Wildman for $150. Do you know your PCM code?

What are you doing for exhaust? A low cost exhaust can be had by starit piping your truck. Summit racing sales 3 1/2 exhaust tube at a low price. To do a cat and muffler delete. Some band clamps would be useful too.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
buy your chip from a tuner,not some guy on ebay!last i knew a few years ago the chip companies were granted copyrights on them and the only way to get them flashed was with thier programs only.deal with www.beansdieselperformance.com .i bought 90% of my go fast goodies from ryan.real stand up guy.had excellent customer service last time i dealt with him.

but ya a stock psd is a guttless.but spend a couple hundred on it and itll suck up an idi with ease

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Not eBay it's a site called advance diesel. Can't afford a custom tuned chip as I already stated

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not eBay it's a site called advance diesel. Can't afford a custom tuned chip as I already stated

if you keep the truck youll be stuck with whatever programs are on that chip as nobody else can reprogram it.you really dont want off the shelf generic programs,they suck!id shop around first and get one that can be reprogrammed.also if your truck is an automatic get the chip for the TDE1 pcm.tde1 has better tranny programs among other things.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
if you keep the truck youll be stuck with whatever programs are on that chip as nobody else can reprogram it.you really dont want off the shelf generic programs,they suck!id shop around first and get one that can be reprogrammed.also if your truck is an automatic get the chip for the TDE1 pcm.tde1 has better tranny programs among other things.

what kind do you have for sale? will it work on my 96?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not for sale yet.i have 1 more guy interested in traded another truck for it.but it will fit and work in your truck but the 2 race settings are way too much for a stock truck.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
economy,high idle,twildman smoke,twildmans tow,wildman extreme,luke cline/wildman extreme.