ANOTHER TRIP!!!!!

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throw it on a trailer, i see some parts I could use off it :D
"The body was still warm as the vultures began circling. Somewhere, in the distance, a dog barked...."

Wow, what a blessing everyone's at least in one piece. Prayers for speedy recoveries. Don't spare the coffee!

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The body was still warm as the vultures began circling. Somewhere, in the distance, a dog barked...."

Wow, what a blessing everyone's at least in one piece. Prayers for speedy recoveries. Don't spare the coffee!

It was assumed by him only describing the truck "poor stroker" that the occupants were alive and well. If they were dismembered or comatose, I would have expected that to be in the first post and not have made a joke :)

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the truck..... Happens all the time on forums, someone posts about their car/truck getting totaled, and before you know it, there's replies of "hey is the <whatever> still good?", etc.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a nasty accident right there.. keep a case of red bull on ice for you and your co-pilot!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a terrible way to hurt peole and wreck a fine truck. Sadly some will drive past the pull over feeling and take a walk time. I have pushed myself horribly on long trips but... I have all the "things" to keep me awake. Over the counter stayawakes from walgreens works well for me. I pill every 3 to 4 hours. Well a few years ago I felt I could handle one pill every 2 hours... Nope. After 13 hours driving of a 25 hour trip from la to saltlake city and back I figured it out... Taking the "stuff" that often made my heart race like a teen on his prom date.... It was scarey as hell feeling like that driving by Mesquite Nevada... At 1 am.. Not much help on the roads around that time. I keep food stuffs like sun flower seeds. Planters pnuts in the bottle. Reach in with 2 fingers trying to pull out some nuts keeps you busy. Calling home to talk with the wifey helps too. Now if she is along for the ride... she very seldom drives...:rolleyes: I have her to talk too. But driving when your tired is a responsibility to others in the car or truck and all the others on the road. Hurting someone or something is a tuff pill to swallow for me. Way too many reasons to pull over no matter what... Likeing long drives as I do its always important to remember others that depend on you for their safety. Stopping to get out and rest or exercise doesn't mean your not a man any longer. It means your responsible and acting like a man... So now some stiches, pins and a destroyed rig with very few miles and in the past. I personally couldn't live with myself if I hurt someone because I fell asleep while driving.... And I have had some very close calls with that too so I know where its coming from. If someone had died.. Well some court time and possibiliy jail time might be around the corner. Ya think the insurance will go up for the driver because of the accident or is this information how this happened only something talked about here. Officer.. Something huge ran out in front of my and I swervered to miss it.. I have no idea what it was but it was on 2 leggs running like hell when it saw me....:eek::D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's tragic! I feel real sorry for the owner, who lost his truck and his body, sort of, and his only mistake was bad judgement in the driver. Just goes to show what I always say... "nobody drives my truck but me."

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Glad everyone survived, too bad about the truck. Your friends were lucky. Have a safe trip and careful!!!

John

IDIMAN94

Reaction score
WOW is all I can say. Glad everyone is ok and hope for a speedy recovery for all. Poor truck and trailer but something I learned when I started driving was vehicles can be replaced and people can not. U also be safe on your trip down and back.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Left Friday at 330 pm. Rollin threw Georgia now. Bout an hr till Jacksonville. Drove straight threw all the snow and ice. My poor dually is white! Stupid salt.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Glad you made it back safely Corey and thank goodness the occupants of that truck are alive to tell. I often have people argue that my truck isn't safe because it lacks airbags, crumple zones and features that modern cars have to keep occupants safe in an accident. I argue that my truck have a body on frame construction and weighs over 7600 pounds so I have much more structure and mass keeping me safe than most of the newer stuff out there. Those pictures are proof of what a one ton truck can sacrifice to allow you to live through a disaster.