Another Tach Question

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to install a tach in my truck. I have a factory cluster with tach. Is the wiring for the tach already in my wiring harness. I have the sensor hole in the IP housing and the plug for the sensor is there. If I plug in the new tach cluster and install tach sensor and plug it in should it work. Or is there something else I need to do?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Did you get the whole cluster with the flexible membrane on the back? If so, yes it's plug and play. If not then it will be a little more work.

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I got the electrical memebrane on the back. I actually put another sensor in and it started working somewhat, it is jumping around. I'll continue with it tomorrow evening.

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No not a new sensor. I have 2 used sensors, gonna do some voltage checks and see what I come up with. You would think a Master Electrician could figure something like this out, It's about the only thing on a vehicle that puts out alternating current :sly At least from what I've read. Reading some of these posts really makes realize how little I know and how knowledgable some of these guys are :hail

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
All the membranes are the same. I have some off of a gasser and one off of a factory tach diesel. PN is the same.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
That may be true, so all who read this, go with the above post. All of mine have the wiring to the tach, and are the same part number. Gasser and Diesel.

SWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online