Another suggestion re: E4OD problems.

merdock69

Reaction score
http://www.txchange.com/e4od.htm

E4OD Controllers 7.3 Diesel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Through the years there have been many updates to the controller assemblies used in Ford vehicles. None more so than the E4OD controller used in the 7.3 Diesel applications.

The most current group of updated controllers replaces the previous version which had been known to cause DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) #62 - Torque Converter Clutch Slippage even though all other areas of the lock-up system functioned properly.

These controllers provide much improved operating strategies that drastically improve driveability with better pressure rise control and lock-up timing over the 1993 and earlier controllers.

The following 1994 controllers will retro-fit all models 1989 to 1993. Consult this list to locate the correct controller part number for your application.

7.3 Diesel F series Econoline all 50 states use #F4TZ-12B565-AA
7.3 Diesel F series Econoline High altitude use #F4TZ-12B565-CA
7.3 Diesel Super Duty all 50 states use #F4TZ-12B565-BA
7.3 Diesel Super Duty High altitude use #F4TZ-12B565-DA
7.3 Turbo Diesel F series all states all altitudes use #F4TZ-12B565-EA
7.3 Turbo Diesel Super Duty all states all altitudes use #F4TZ-12B565-FA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
My '94 suffered the TC slippage code (but I thought it was 42...don't remember for sure though) untill I put on a transcommander. It wouldn't set the code really often, usually only after climbing a steep hill at really low rpm and fairly low throttle.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I dealt with this company(transmission exchange co.) when I rebuilt my trans, and they kept sending me obviously used parts as new(wrapped in new packaging) and did not back up their product, so I ended up having to buy parts twice for the same rebuild, so buyer beware...(I swore then I'd do what I could to not send them any business...)

Zigg